• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

98Z wrestling a buck

Belt Fed

Deer are no joke, I would never do something that insane. We had a deputy shoot a buck several times to put it down after it was hit with a car and the thing got up and charged the deputy. It lifted his 240 pound frame off the ground and slammed him back down, breaking his back. But I have heard of way worse injuries and seen them on other deer. 

@DNPthat was hilarious. 

actually, I might of mentioned this in another thread, while I was hunting this season I shot a doe with my 6mm arc. The 103 eld-x did not exit, which apparently according to hornady is very common. So the deer wasn’t bleeding out as fast as they usually do and there was a horrible blood trail. Well a twenty something kid from the big city of La Crosse jumped it and tried to shoot it twice, missing both times. So he jumped into the creek it had fallen in and I watched this kid slit this deer’s throat as it was kicking around like crazy. Kid had such big balls, I gave him the doe. Also because he hadn’t seen any other deer and I already had two from bow and one from gun season. 

also, 9mm from 6-8 feet away often times ricochets off a deer’s skull instead of penetrating. Rarely do they stay still for you

4 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

Deer are no joke, I would never do something that insane. We had a deputy shoot a buck several times to put it down after it was hit with a car and the thing got up and charged the deputy. It lifted his 240 pound frame off the ground and slammed him back down, breaking his back. But I have heard of way worse injuries and seen them on other deer. 

That's fukedup

2 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

@DNPthat was hilarious. 

actually, I might of mentioned this in another thread, while I was hunting this season I shot a doe with my 6mm arc. The 103 eld-x did not exit, which apparently according to hornady is very common. So the deer wasn’t bleeding out as fast as they usually do and there was a horrible blood trail. Well a twenty something kid from the big city of La Crosse jumped it and tried to shoot it twice, missing both times. So he jumped into the creek it had fallen in and I watched this kid slit this deer’s throat as it was kicking around like crazy. Kid had such big balls, I gave him the doe. Also because he hadn’t seen any other deer and I already had two from bow and one from gun season. 

also, 9mm from 6-8 feet away often times ricochets off a deer’s skull instead of penetrating. Rarely do they stay still for you

Had to look like a slasher movie

4 hours ago, Sisco said:

Once shot a buck from 20 feet with a 12 gauge slug. It went down. it died. That’s it. End of story.

My first deer, large doe, about five foot from the muzzle of my 12ga. on the first shot. She kept moving and I kept shooting, running down the hill after her putting four more slugs into her as fast as I could run the gun. Both of us ended up in a pile at the bottom where she was thrashing and bleating so I quickly threw in a round and blasted her head. Goal accomplished, no blood trail to worry about. Once Dad arrived, surveyed the scene, and took my details I got an arse chewing for ruining so much meat. I was proud, as he told friends the story he would add he couldn't believe the boy hit with every round that fast, somehow I don't think that was the main lesson he wanted to make but I was good with it. Meat yield was pitiful..............

Grabbing a deer by the horns is pretty stupid and pretty dangerous but looking back at my youth removing everything I did that was stupid and dangerous would have pretty much left cocaine and whores, who wants to lead such a boring life.

On 12/30/2021 at 5:57 PM, Belt Fed said:

He is definitely lucky, i would say that deer is tamed or someone's pet. no way you would get that close to a nice buck like that here. i'd just say if he got that close to me it wouldn't be on purpose. and a mag dump would be in order.

5 hours ago, crishh said:

He is very fortunate; I believe the deer is tamed or someone's a pet. There's no way you'd get that close to a quality deer here. I'd say that if he got that near to me on intent, it wasn't on purpose. And a mag dump would be appropriate.

LOL, are you my long lost twin? almost identical post.

31 minutes ago, Belt Fed said:

LOL, are you my long lost twin? almost identical post.

18 minutes ago, DNP said:

Almost seems AI-ish.  Apparently it’s a grammar correcting bot. 

If you look at his one other post, it is a restating of @BrianK from a couple of posts above in the mag-cap ban thread.  I sense a bot or troll.