• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Recommend a sling

dpete

Since my sling experience began with bolt action deer rifles and evolved to full size ARs since then, I am at a bit of a loss on how to sling this little bugger.

1867574718_04192213031.thumb.jpg.70d958f13695edae2189195770e5c505.jpg

It will either be in this form, or with just the padded tube rather than the brace.  There is little to no room on the handguard for an attachment point and I'm thinking even if there was it would most likely get in the way of aiming if the sling was used.  For reference there is about 13-14" between the sling swivel and the end of the handguard

As of now it has the single sling swivel at the back of the receiver for an attachment point.

732278112_0419221303a1.thumb.jpg.9458ad5730da51feb6bbdbe3fa9106b1.jpg

Any suggestion would be appreciated along with your reasoning behind it.

On 4/19/2022 at 6:53 PM, dpete said:

A single point is what I had been thinking of, but I didn't know how much difference there is between one and another.

Well, you can spend $60 & ⬆️ for a Magpul, got 1- they're nice,or something else expensive.  Can also try an inexpensive one to see if you even like the concept. This one is $19, I got 5 or 6 of them & love them. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YTJY45V?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_tab_ap_product_details

53 minutes ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

Well, you can spend $60 & ⬆️ for a Magpul, got 1- they're nice,or something else expensive.  Can also try an inexpensive one to see if you even like the concept. This one is $19, I got 5 or 6 of them & love them. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YTJY45V?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_tab_ap_product_details

I noticed that attachment system on yours and thought it looked pretty slick.  A local gunshop has some single points that attach with what looks like a leash clip with the spring loaded thumb tab.

BDS Tactical makes a single/2-point sling that's badass.  There's room on the front of that handguard to add the sling point.  Single it most of the time, but there will be times when you want to lock it down against your body - and that sling will do it.   This is the one, right here, and I run it on my 14.5" primary carbine.  It's quick-adjust, too.

https://www.bdstacticalgear.com/collections/tactical-slings-1/products/tactical-dual-sling

2079297501_BDSDualSling.thumb.webp.708fcdb81629057caba3879a9ed550bb.webp

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

BDS Tactical makes a single/2-point sling that's badass.  There's room on the front of that handguard to add the sling point.  Single it most of the time, but there will be times when you want to lock it down against your body - and that sling will do it.   This is the one, right here, and I run it on my 14.5" primary carbine.  It's quick-adjust, too.

https://www.bdstacticalgear.com/collections/tactical-slings-1/products/tactical-dual-sling

2079297501_BDSDualSling.thumb.webp.708fcdb81629057caba3879a9ed550bb.webp

I was gonna suggest the same thing. They also make them with a single or dual bungee, but I kinda prefer this one myself. Plus, these have the single point quick adjustment.

In agreement with many others. I'm generally not a fan of single point slings but for my little guy I have one there. It's only there to hold the firearm should the need arise for me having both hands free. Not likely until the threat has been proven neutralized and everything is clear.

23 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

Maybe we can get a sling manufacturer to chime in, I thought @beachmaster used to do a single point sling but I don't see it there now? 

I havent done them in a very long time. I havent designed one worth a dang or special enough to produce. Probably because i hate em lol

Until i come up with something that doesnr comprimise too much ill leave it in the btac graveyard.

23 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

Idk what is going on here but...

A 2 point COULD be used on a micro unit like that, but you could run into entanglement issues when quickly deploying your rig- issues that could be uh... severe.

Same with a 1 point if the 1 point were left attached of course.

I have no issues running a 2 point on a 10.5 braced pistol, but on something that small everything is a comprise

Edited by beachmaster
Oops

I no longer get all "comparing this and that". Since I'm not an operator and never even played one on TV I just want something serviceable. I don't spend a lot and they work just fine. Just gotta read the fine print. I have purchased crap and they are used for larger slung flashlights. 

These work fine for me and don't break the bank. Buy when they're available. They aren't available now. I've purchased a number of these at least twice. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N75HB15/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1