• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Scope + Iron Sights

BeeKay

Does anyone run a regular glasss optic scope behind an A1 style front sight ?

I tried a flip up front sight in front of my 9X scope and I couldn't see it.  I'm not sure if it would have an effect at the range as I haven't tried it.

My reason for asking is because I bought a rifle length barrel for my upper, and I have a 15" handguard - So the options are :

Have the gas block hanging out in front of the handguard

Get a longer handguard, and use a flip up front sight 

Mount an A1 front sight/gas block

Thanks - As Always

Edited by BeeKay
forgot to say thank you

36 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

I've yet to have an issue, seems to just disappear as soon as the magnification starts getting turned up.

Thanks 

The Bigger Question : Is it socially acceptable ?   ( LOL )

Or will the guys at the range shun anyone who has an A1 sight ahead of a scope ?

1 hour ago, BeeKay said:

Thanks 

The Bigger Question : Is it socially acceptable ?   ( LOL )

Or will the guys at the range shun anyone who has an A1 sight ahead of a scope ?

Well the local tacticool arbiters of what is the latest and greatest probably won’t ever talk to you again and will pack up and leave when you pull your rifle out of the case, leaving you the nice, quiet range all to yourself. I have done that on my Colt HBAR for almost 30 years. No problem.

P

3 hours ago, Sisco said:

Well the local tacticool arbiters of what is the latest and greatest probably won’t ever talk to you again and will pack up and leave when you pull your rifle out of the case, leaving you the nice, quiet range all to yourself. I have done that on my Colt HBAR for almost 30 years. No problem.

Perfect answer !

4 hours ago, Sisco said:

Well the local tacticool arbiters of what is the latest and greatest probably won’t ever talk to you again and will pack up and leave when you pull your rifle out of the case, leaving you the nice, quiet range all to yourself.

:lmao: This is why I go to the range on rainy days. Just to avoid all of those fukers. And to avoid everybody else.

THEM : Oh no......you might get you rifle wet.

ME : They call it a battle rifle for a reason a$$hole.

Carry on.

Any front sight system that's in front of your magnified optic - you won't even be able to see at 3x or above.  At that magnification, the scope is already focused way out beyond that front sight system. 

For those that don't wish to hear that information, it's been put to the test.  If worked perfectly well for Travis Haley in Najaf, Iraq in '04.

In The Wild: Travis Haley Najaf Blackwater DMR – Analysis by Cade Johnson –  The Reptile House

Edited by 98Z5V

On 9/8/2022 at 8:26 PM, Rsquared said:

:lmao: This is why I go to the range on rainy days. Just to avoid all of those fukers. And to avoid everybody else.

THEM : Oh no......you might get you rifle wet.

ME : They call it a battle rifle for a reason a$$hole.

Carry on.

If I didn't shoot on rainy days here there would be a lot less shooting here on the wet coast.

On 9/9/2022 at 3:45 PM, 98Z5V said:

Any front sight system that's in front of your magnified optic - you won't even be able to see at 3x or above.  At that magnification, the scope is already focused way out beyond that front sight system. 

For those that don't wish to hear that information, it's been put to the test.  If worked perfectly well for Travis Haley in Najaf, Iraq in '04.

In The Wild: Travis Haley Najaf Blackwater DMR – Analysis by Cade Johnson –  The Reptile House

More Good Stuff