• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

FN 510 and 545 reveled for shot

shepp

On 1/11/2023 at 7:25 PM, Armed Eye Doc said:

Those are damn nice looking pistols.  I am an unabashed FN fan.  I would have more of them if they weren't twice the price of similar firearms.

I tell you what if that 545 feels anywhere close to as good as that 502 I just picked up, I’m buying one for each hand! 

On 1/17/2023 at 10:26 AM, Magwa said:

I am a FN man for life I have owned both the 45Tactical and the 509 tactical and now the FX-9 double action 9 mm and for me it is the perfect carry whatever you are doing pistol.... these will be big sellers I am thinking...

I tried 3 of my local gun shops to see if they had or could order that 502 for me they all literally laughed and said good luck. I ended up finding one at scheels in  Appleton two hours away, they are a chain but a badass one. So I bought it online and drove up there. Needless to say I’ll but looking for the 545 here asap

On 1/18/2023 at 7:31 PM, Sisco said:

Kind of nit picking, but I wish FN would make a 10mm in a hammer model like the FNX45 instead of the stryker fired 510. Just my personal preference. If they did I would buy tomorrow. If they ever do you can hold me to that.

I was surprised by that 

11 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

I want the FN High Power pretty damn bad.  Technically, for a clone pistol, that's a mis-spelling of the original name, but it's still badassery.

FDE flavor, of course.

fn-high-power-spots.png

Truly badassery. I am on the waiting list at the LGS for the SA35. Got 5 names in front of me. Was 6. Probably end up getting it for my 80th birthday.🙄

On 1/19/2023 at 12:24 AM, 98Z5V said:

I want the FN High Power pretty damn bad.  Technically, for a clone pistol, that's a mis-spelling of the original name, but it's still badassery.

FDE flavor, of course.

fn-high-power-spots.png

That’s sexy, I want a variant of a hi power in 10mm.

• 4 weeks later...

Not saying anything bad here, but in that vid, his left thumb is riding that slide.  Just sayin'. 

There would be alot less muzzle rise per shot, if that left thumb was buried into the left side of that frame, instead. 

2089589769_Colionridingtheslide.thumb.png.33de950635f39ea7af9e9407c02a15e2.png

Timestamp in the vid is in there.  I may, or may not, know what I'm talking about.  You decide.  I've never worried about the recoil of shooting a .45, because of the recoil of the cartridge, either from a 1911 or a striker-fired platform.  Never.  It's nothing, even with 230s, if you can shoot it right.  The Kimber Ultra RCP II was the worst one to get accustomed to.  That little fuqr. :thefinger:

Bottom line, men - get your support thumb where it needs to be, doesn't matter the caliber of the handgun, striker or hammer fired - get your support thumb against the FRAME of the gun, and balance that massive meat-claw you have on the other side of the gun, with your firing hand.  And, SINK MORE FINGER ON THE TRIGGER. 

My $0.02. 

Edited by 98Z5V

On 2/16/2023 at 10:01 PM, 98Z5V said:

I've never worried about the recoil of shooting a .45, because of the recoil of the cartridge, either from a 1911 or a striker-fired platform. 

I enjoy his stuff, but I scoffed at his recoil comment alittle too. Shoot a big boy gun and get big boy results. Even the XDs .45 might be alittle snappy, but I’ve never thought gee this is bad. With that said tho I’ve not shot much more that .45 tho lol. 

what did solidify it for me was tho was how much he compared is to the 509 feel wise, I’m really liking how that frame feels in my hand 

Having owned both the 509 and the 45 tactical I sold the 45 simply for one reason I am not huge and it was heavy loaded and the ammo was heavy I can carry more nine than 45...... enter the 509 awesome pistol in every respect but one for me it was striker fired what I wanted was a 509 tactical but it did not exist so i sold it and got the FNx -9 single action double action now I am very happy

On 2/16/2023 at 10:01 PM, 98Z5V said:

Not saying anything bad here, but in that vid, his left thumb is riding that slide.  Just sayin'. 

There would be alot less muzzle rise per shot, if that left thumb was buried into the left side of that frame, instead. 

2089589769_Colionridingtheslide.thumb.png.33de950635f39ea7af9e9407c02a15e2.png

Timestamp in the vid is in there.  I may, or may not, know what I'm talking about.  You decide.  I've never worried about the recoil of shooting a .45, because of the recoil of the cartridge, either from a 1911 or a striker-fired platform.  Never.  It's nothing, even with 230s, if you can shoot it right.  The Kimber Ultra RCP II was the worst one to get accustomed to.  That little fuqr. :thefinger:

Bottom line, men - get your support thumb where it needs to be, doesn't matter the caliber of the handgun, striker or hammer fired - get your support thumb against the FRAME of the gun, and balance that massive meat-claw you have on the other side of the gun, with your firing hand.  And, SINK MORE FINGER ON THE TRIGGER. 

My $0.02. 

Made a believer out of me. Simple fix even for arthritic hand's 🍻🍻