• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

"Ammo Shortage" is manufactured...

A manufactured shortage wouldn't surprise me in the least nowadays. The thought has recently crossed my mind that my generation (I'm 57), often thinks of the 80s as the decade of greed; symbolized by the movie Wall Street phrase "Greed is good".  However, the 80s didn't touch the level of greed which currently motivates the elite in control of our corporate/government state.  I'm a decent student of history and when so much wealth becomes concentrated in the hands of a few elites, such societies tend to collapse and dark times follow. Ancient Egypt, Rome and the Dark Ages all come to mind.

At least, my personal armory is fairly well stockpiled. I do want to increase my 22lr stockpile somewhat. I figure in the event of a major kerfluffle or collapse, I can always go back to eating squirrels like we did when I was a kid.

Edited by MtnMike

Yep this would not surprise me at all greed is the mother of all inventions aimed at devious back stabbing Lying corruption.! Just can not have enough so lets screw the ones who made us successful in the first place... sounds about right in this day and age ! Eff em all I hope they loose everything right down to the shoes on their feet!

6 hours ago, MtnMike said:

A manufactured shortage wouldn't surprise me in the least nowadays. The thought has recently crossed my mind that my generation (I'm 57), often thinks of the 80s as the decade of greed; symbolized by the movie Wall Street phrase "Greed is good".  However, the 80s didn't touch the level of greed which currently motivates the elite in control of our corporate/government state.  I'm a decent student of history and when so much wealth becomes concentrated in the hands of a few elites, such societies tend to collapse and dark times follow. Ancient Egypt, Rome and the Dark Ages all come to mind.

At least, my personal armory is fairly well stockpiled. I do want to increase my 22lr stockpile somewhat. I figure in the event of a major kerfluffle or collapse, I can always go back to eating squirrels like we did when I was a kid.

That is the way businesses are run today. Maximize profits by creating the appearance of a shortage. Oil Companies, Automobiles, Pharmaceuticals,  etc., etc., ammo companies are just adopting it. Concentration of wealth in the hands of a few gives them the ability to manipulate and control the market and control us.

5 hours ago, Sisco said:

That is the way businesses are run today. Maximize profits by creating the appearance of a shortage. Oil Companies, Automobiles, Pharmaceuticals,  etc., etc., ammo companies are just adopting it. Concentration of wealth in the hands of a few gives them the ability to manipulate and control the market and control us.

Yeah well, I'm not contributing to that schitt! In the last 10 years about the only off the shelf ammo I've bought was a few boxes of 38 Super after I got my 38 Super 1911 and shotgun shells (I don't reload shotgun). I started out with pretty good supplies for reloading and have picked components up at decent prices when they have popped up. It's kept me afloat all through this so called 'ammo shortage'.

33 minutes ago, 392heminut said:

Yeah well, I'm not contributing to that schitt! In the last 10 years about the only off the shelf ammo I've bought was a few boxes of 38 Super after I got my 38 Super 1911 and shotgun shells (I don't reload shotgun). I started out with pretty good supplies for reloading and have picked components up at decent prices when they have popped up. It's kept me afloat all through this so called 'ammo shortage'.

:thumbup:

I went to a big chain store today not to find stupid ammo prices,  but ran into stupid people. I just wanted to walk down the isle and see the prices.. there were 2 guys watching for the prices to drop right infront of their eyes. And 2 more filed in behind me. The first two had to be doing math as they were steadfast in their position. The other two were up my ass like a monkey. I just walked on seeing the people that flock to this montra.  I can't help, but call it out. 

I went to the local store and paid stupid prices on some not so common ammo, the big chain stores don't carry. No one at the counter but myself.  

7 hours ago, sketch said:

I went to a big chain store today not to find stupid ammo prices,  but ran into stupid people. I just wanted to walk down the isle and see the prices.. there were 2 guys watching for the prices to drop right infront of their eyes. And 2 more filed in behind me. The first two had to be doing math as they were steadfast in their position. The other two were up my ass like a monkey. I just walked on seeing the people that flock to this montra.  I can't help, but call it out. 

I went to the local store and paid stupid prices on some not so common ammo, the big chain stores don't carry. No one at the counter but myself.  

Yeah the same here most new stock comes in on Tuesday there is a crowd waiting to hoard the $hits sad these nuts are the problem...

In these post COVID times we are still experiencing unrealist shortages on many things, plus prices are higher than they should be.  To this day I don't understand the decision making matrix associated with COVID.  Why would you hoard perishable items?  Yes, folks were stocking up on milk, bread and other items that don't last very long and many require refrigeration instead of buying canned and dry goods that will be around for quite a while......and toilette paper....WTF?  Wipe your ass with a wet washcloth dummy, saves money too!

A lot of the problem is simply because people make STOOPID decisions with their money.  Just because a disease swept across the country and quite a few folks we know didn't make it is no reason to realize our mortality and run out and buy chit we don't need and even worse pay too much for it.  

As long as that trend continues everything in our lives will cost more, and often become more difficult to obtain......IMHO......