imschur

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My best pork to date!

Made it just like wash did your loin back in dec-jan minus the peach sauce. Made my own rub ball park) cup of brown sugar, tbs my home made chipotle powder, tbs cinnamon, tsp dried diced garlic, tbs onion powder. Rubbed in the night before put it on a cookie sheet. Next day put it on a rack and poured the "syrup" from the brown sugar and blood juice mixing over the top before it went in smoker. Smoked 2 ish hours till 160 and tented for 20 min.

A899BDAC-CD6F-469A-8D98-6BF6D5F09BA2_zps

C595A760-F4EA-40A3-B7AD-64E2317AC11E_zps

F3188606-6F86-4AFB-A1EF-2C21BB14B0B6_zps

870FD7A1-A853-4001-82D0-7615ACB02E86_zps

First time at smoking wild game...so we tried wild boar ribs that we harvested a few weeks ago.

i brined the ribs in lime juice and ice/water in a beer cooler for 24 hours....then rubbed em and put em in the fridge overnite

used cherry wood and hickory at 220 degrees for 4 hours sprizting with apple/mango juice....then put parkey butter on em with mango/apple juice and foiled for an hour.....so this is what wild game tastes like....freakin awesome! The meat seemed richer tasting...I guess this is what real meat is....gimme some more...cant wait for the fallow doe backstrap  :)  Wash

IMG_1153_zpsc303fed6.jpg

IMG_1159_zps9e76f715.jpg

IMG_1160_zpsed95900f.jpg

IMG_1163_zpsa02513bd.jpg

yep, this is Char, I call Jeff "Atz, the great white hunter and Grill Miester" LOL and he calls me "Char the great tracker and spotter cauz I spotted the Pig" told him there's the pig-- take the shot cauz I was afraid I'd miss and really wanted that pig" ! Yeppers, he can really grill like the pros. Myron and Johnny Trigg has nothing on him!! :) Char

I saved a tri-tip yesterday. It wasn't done quite right, as I am terrible on the grill...but it was waaaay better than it was going to be. My wife was planning to put it in the crockpot! Just covered it in basic stuff, seared both sides and let her cook on the top rack in the gas grill. I gotta learn this stuff...my parents have more beef/pork every year than they know what to do with. The support the local 4-H and FFA and buy a steer or two and a pig every year at the auction. They just got a new steer in the freezer this week. Tons of new roasts.

yep, this is Char, I call Jeff "Atz, the great white hunter and Grill Miester" LOL and he calls me "Char the great tracker and spotter cauz I spotted the Pig" told him there's the pig-- take the shot cauz I was afraid I'd miss and really wanted that pig" ! Yeppers, he can really grill like the pros. Myron and Johnny Trigg has nothing on him!! :) Char

Char, ya gotta get your own username here so we can teach you the tricks of stealing your hubbie's AR parts, just like blondielocks!

DNP ive cooked a couple of tri tips....or santa maria cuts if you live on the west coast

here's a pretty good link on tri tips......cook em hot and fast and rare or you got shoe leather :) Wash

http://www.tipsycook.com/how-to-cook-a-tri-tip-without-ruining-it/

I looked back on my recipe......not so much fast and hot.....I was mistaken

cook slower Wash

Edited by washguy

I liked where that one was going and will try it out with the next tip. I read a few. One wanted 750degrees and to flip it every two minutes. The one I went with said sear both sides and then get it indirect at 250-300 for about 20-30 depending on size. I went about 20 minutes. Internal of about 115 at the center when I pulled it. The ends were more in the 130-135 range. It was decent, but I've gotta do better next time.

Covered it with salt, pepper, cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, and a little Italian mix of oregano and whatnot. Left it out a little over an hour before throwing it on the grill.

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic