• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Grilling

imschur

You guys down there in Texas have some different names for pieces of meat. <dontknow>

Been watching that BBQ pit masters, they section a hunk of meat like a butt or brisket into name, kinda know what he's talking about but not exactly lol

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A packer is a whole brisket consisting of a pointy fatty end and then a long flat....the flat is the tight grain sliced bbq beef....the point is the muscle at the other end thats got good fat and tender meat...its what you make burnt ends out of,,,,little cubes of tender burnt pieces of bbq candy  here it is just prior to puttin on smoker at 250 for an hour then kicked it back to 215 for the rest of the cook  :)  Wash

injecting with beef bouilon and westershire

20140720_104955_zpsbfxkkfs8.jpg

on the smoker ready to go using pecan and hickory in smoke daddy

20140720_110528_zpsnd5beyro.jpg

Edited by washguy

So after a 7 hour cook...cash me in...im done 

foiled the last 2 hours at 275 til the brisket was 197...then put it in the beer cooler for an hour with towels...dinner served

man you guys need to get the Black Ops rub...best ive ever used, and then get ya some of Rod Grey's pellet envy Kc bbq sauce...damn best sauce ive ever tasted...sweet and spicey

20140720_184040_zpsakjcgxgw.jpg

burnt ends   IMG_1212_zps87b65a14.jpg

IMG_1215_zpsce2f2278.jpg

IMG_1218_zps7cc47e2d.jpg

You sure have pretty hands....

I was going to say the same thing !!

Wash I was looking at that sight those venison recipes and rubs sound good !!! Bet they would work on that exotic you got too .

I need to do a brisket ASAP !!

Brothers this might clear up what I was doing    http://www.pelletenvy.com/burnt-ends/

and this sauce is the best ive ever had      http://www.eatbarbecue.com/order/the-next-big-thing/    from pellet envy

the new rubs came from oakridge.... bad azz     http://www.oakridgebbq.com/about-us/oakridge-bbq-competition-rubs-spices/

The Dominator rib rub ,and Black Ops for the brisket yesterday (frickin awesome)     Yep shepp got the brine and venison rubs too for the fallow deer   :)  Wash

Got me a 2lb brisket for this weekend any thing you can offer for prep or marinade? I'm planning on injecting beef bouillon and whore sauce ( Rene sauce :)) but I'm still cooking with lp. Wood chips? In a pan.

Sketch a 2 lb brisket will cook pretty fast less than 4 hours if you are cookin at 225/250....put the rub on nite before inject some beef broth and a touch of westershire

okay,so you gotta have smoke....make a vessel...maybe foil/ or use stainless steel screen.....pellets for a pellet smoker would burn the slowest and would be easy to fire up.....placement...i dunno cause i dunno what you got....hold on lemme go look at something   :)  Wash

read it all     http://kalamazoogourmet.com/lifestyle/resources/grilling-techniques/smoking-techniques/

you tube        http://youtu.be/pq3kRR6x3FA

Edited by washguy

Haha hi guys !! I found me some chunks!attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Hey Sketch...so did ya read up on a plan for your smoke pot?    mesquite chunks could be good or bad for you....its real strong ,but since you are doing a smoke pot thingy it may be whats needed ,but I would get Hickory or or Pecan if you can find it...just goes better with brisket

mesquite is an acquired taste...kinda like scotch....lol   :)   Wash

Hahahaha but Hickory label said brisket guaranteed to make it taste great

and the cherry label guarantees a nice mahogany color with nice flavor

and the mesquite label said only for Texans that want that bitter eye watering

stench LOL

ive got mesquite that ive had for 3 years and yet to use it ....of course im aTexas wooosie

:) Wash

Edited by washguy

My choices were hickory/ alder/ cheery / Apple ? This one mentioned beef right on the lable!!

You can get a good look at a T-bone steak by sticking your head up a butchers ass but I'd rather take the bulls word for it Edited by shepp

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic