Grilling

imschur

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shibi   The place down the street has the same thing hanging...they wont tell me the way they do the duck and pork.....yours looks like it might work!  :) Wash

you need bout a 3 ft clever like they have to cut it...its art the way he works that clever...lol

Edited by washguy

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely one of my pastimes is the smoker...no denying that Texans know how to do brisket, the best on the planet, and I'm a big fan of brisket. I had this idea to do the same thing with short ribs, cook 'em until the colagen breaks down and melts, when it reaches 190 degrees internal. These take about 7 hours for shorties.

• 2 weeks later...

We go from the 30's to the 70's and then back down....no wonder we all have colds and the crud.....Rene I saw on the news you got hit again with another storm?  Have you tried sprinkling the death dust on the ice instead of salt?  You are so right on the mixture of death dust to the rib rub....sweet with heat!   :) Wash

"Man don't live by bread and meat alone"

I like my grill good and hot to sear in the juices so while the grill is heating up the veggies go onto the warming rack. Yeller squash, thin slices of taters & onions,tomaters, bell pepper slices a sprinkling of garlic salt and a drizzling of olive oil and a topping off with some sharp cheddar cheese. Double wrapped in foil and separately wrapped roasting ears well buttered salt and peppered. After the veggies have been on for 15minutes on high heat slap on the ribeyes or porterhouse steaks smeared with Woodies cooking sauce, flip the meat and when both sides are a nice brown take everything off and EAT! It is only forty days till spring is sprung....Today was like spring here in Texas.

"Man don't live by bread and meat alone"

I like my grill good and hot to sear in the juices so while the grill is heating up the veggies go onto the warming rack. Yeller squash, thin slices of taters & onions,tomaters, bell pepper slices a sprinkling of garlic salt and a drizzling of olive oil and a topping off with some sharp cheddar cheese. Double wrapped in foil and separately wrapped roasting ears well buttered salt and peppered. After the veggies have been on for 15minutes on high heat slap on the ribeyes or porterhouse steaks smeared with Woodies cooking sauce, flip the meat and when both sides are a nice brown take everything off and EAT! It is only forty days till spring is sprung....Today was like spring here in Texas.

I do veggies a lot on the grill specially in the spring/summer: asparagus, Brussel sprouts, taters, onion summer squash,green beans, sweet peas what Evers in season cut and put in a foul pan with oil

In the winter I do them on a cookie sheet in the oven toss everything in salt and olive oil spread on a cookie sheet and cook at 350 or the good ol cast iron skillet

Yes,  all of that sounds delicious.  There are very few days I can't grill. my wife will brown up some beef and make a big pot of stew, with some fresh produce or even some canned Vegall, rotiel tomatoes and taters and onions with a couple of Jalapenos from the fridge .

Thank goodness for fresh produce being hauled in daily.  I used to do a garden but now we have several local produce and farmers markets that supply us with good stuff. I still like to raise some different kinds of peppers and make some salsa, pico and pepper sauce.

Edited by mrmackc

Damn it bro,got up this morning and had a whiteout with the snow and wind.Didn't expect that.Not much snow fell but the wind spun it around all crazy like.Wanted to work today,glad they didn't need me.Just tryin to jam the hours to finish strong.This is the only time I get to check in.Fukin cold wears me right fukin out.I got enough cloths on for 3 people.

• 2 weeks later...
  • shepp locked and unlocked this topic