Grilling

imschur

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just goes to show you how dumb I am I just ty wrapped the blanket to the handle.

Made a small brisket and followed the GM receipt But I omitted one of the steps. When you Finish the first 4 hr. cook then you put a temp probe in and wrap in foil [ for cooking out side I use the heavier foil ] . I didn't do it the first time and I pulled the meat off before the 103* internal temp. This time I put the rest of the spray juice [ 1 part apple juice/ 2 parts Worcestershire ] in then wrapped the foil up. Also went to 103* internal. Next time I'll just add apple juice like the receipt called for. Big improvement,was a lot juicier. Maybe inject the meat next time. The receipt book that comes with the GM works.

26 minutes ago, washguy said:

Shepp  prolly the pastrami brine in the meat prolly kept the smoke out or covered it up along with the rub?     Wash

Could be from the Corning process I guess  too Corning (brining) brisket makes corned beef, rubbing Corning beef and smoking it makes pastrami

1 hour ago, sketch said:

jesus i gotta get me one of thouse! i could set it. go to work and not have to be top shef after a long day! due time.. i havent had time for taxes yet.. :drool: ok im need n some meat!! dont do it !:lmao:

That’s what I did sketch put it in, set it for 225 and 203 degree temp the. We t to breakfast with my mom ran errands and took a nap, just as long as you don’t run out or pellets your good

2 minutes ago, shepp said:

That’s what I did sketch put it in, set it for 225 and 203 degree temp the. We t to breakfast with my mom ran errands and took a nap, just as long as you don’t run out or pellets your good

and you have an app for your temp on your phone ? or was that someone else? if i got an alert at work i could call the kid to help the grill.. science?? blows me away somtimes. nice looking meat bro! 

8 minutes ago, sketch said:

and you have an app for your temp on your phone ? or was that someone else? if i got an alert at work i could call the kid to help the grill.. science?? blows me away somtimes. nice looking meat bro! 

Yup0BACFD83-0306-4C99-95EC-93603C55F88E.thumb.jpeg.0cffb680ab268fb874398fb75b168b35.jpeg

•  
  • Sketch the GMG comes with the app for wifi at your home or you can go to server mode and monitor  your grill from anywhere on the planet...almost....its too kewl brother...not only watching your temps but turning on and off and controlling your tempature....you cant turn it on from server mode you have to be on home wifi...then you can go to server mode and do stuff wherever these an internet connection .......with my luck ill control it from some place and come home to a burned down house....crap...I just jinxed myself  ......WTF did I do?

:laffs:  Wash

https://greenmountaingrills.com/server-mode/

Edited by washguy

10 hours ago, shepp said:

I’m still trying to figure out how to do the monitor away from home thing

Shepp you turn it on and use wifi at home then before you leave hit server ...red light comes on then you are on their server gmg and you can go anywhere and control your smoker from smartphone via gmg server     Wash

I don't ever think it's a good idea to leave a grill unattended. I don't do it. The GM is fool proof being that you have pellets in the hopper it will go as long as power isn't interrupted. There is a quick start in case the cord came in done,that's a good read. Just my 2 mags.

42 minutes ago, unforgiven said:

I don't ever think it's a good idea to leave a grill unattended. I don't do it. The GM is fool proof being that you have pellets in the hopper it will go as long as power isn't interrupted. There is a quick start in case the cord came in done,that's a good read. Just my 2 mags.

I don’t think I’d leave it alone for hours but say I needed to run to the store or something totally would, gas grill NEVER

1 hour ago, washguy said:

Shepp you turn it on and use wifi at home then before you leave hit server ...red light comes on then you are on their server gmg and you can go anywhere and control your smoker from smartphone via gmg server     Wash

I’ll check that out tonight!

That's what I want...right there. The freedom to run to the store during a 13 hour cook witht eh ability to know if I need to haul ass home. Not that I e EVER let a hopper run out...not me. 

Edited by DNP

43 minutes ago, DNP said:

That's what I want...right there. The freedom to run to the store during a 13 hour cook witht eh ability to know if I need to haul ass home. Not that I e EVER let a hopper run out...not me. 

Green mountain WiFi homie!!! I would watch around fathers day, I got mine like 150-200$ off for Black Friday. Not that you’ll ever need it but when it’s 10 out it’s nice to see the temps from the comfort of my couch ??

Not yet...got a lot left to do before I can do that. 

I use a 4 probe Bluetooth thermo, and that has been nice around the house. Traeger will not relight if it burns out, so that sucks if I need to run down to the grocery store. 

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic