• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, mrmackc said:

I'd leave off the wax paper.

the wax paper had to have some important use... otherwise why would the guy use it? lol. 

I might just ask a restaurant owner near me. He's actually a retired State Patrol Major and after he retired he opened up one of the best bbq places I have ever been to. 

9 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

the wax paper had to have some important use... otherwise why would the guy use it? lol. 

I might just ask a restaurant owner near me. He's actually a retired State Patrol Major and after he retired he opened up one of the best bbq places I have ever been to. 

Being a BBQ junkie, let me know what’s its name and location. I WILL find it and eat there!

One thing when I go overseas I always enjoy is the street food. Seems like every culture has meat they grill over coals or an open fire. I have started imitating a lot of the tastes, and its pretty easy. They all use lower quality cuts of meat, whether beef, lamb, or pork, and use marinades and cooking techniques to make them tender and flavorful. I start with cuts like chuck roasts, arm roasts, and short ribs and I partially unfreeze them and slice them very thin while still partially frozen. Then I choose the spices depending on the ethnic flavor I want. Greek, Cavendish’s seasoning, Penzey’s Greek seasoning, majoram, etc. Moroccan, Harissa, nutmeg, cinnaman, cardamon etc. Mexican/Latin, Adobo, Tajin, chile powder, cumin, chipolte, etc. Then I mix in some lemon juice and olive oil with the meat and seasonings and let it sit for six hours. I fire up the grill really hot and put a fine mesh grate on it, and flash cook the meat, along with what ever ethnic vegetables match up. Put it in a bowl with the appropriate ethnic sauce (tzatiki, salsa picante, yogurt, etc, or wrap it in pita, tortilla, or naan bread, and you start to realize all cultures share a lot in common in their cooking. Also it lets you make a heck of a meal out of the cheaper meat cuts.

1 hour ago, unforgiven said:

Damnit that looks great, just started my fast for blood work in the morning.

Thanks Brother    I was just thinkin bout that very thing... Seems to me a fasting blood letting would be incorrect? Cause think about it... When is my blood gonna be in a fasting situation? Never.. Unless I'm fasting... Which is never... Ive been pondering this very thing...  Wash

1 minute ago, ARTrooper said:

Idk if I could wait that long without feeling like I was starving to death. lol.

I know... just waiting for the pork while its resting...never mind an effin fasting.....geez if I went from 5pm today till the next day without eating I would end up getting blood drawn at the ER anyways from passing out....:thumbup:    Wash

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 11:31 PM, ARTrooper said:

butcher paper yes...wax paper nope     :thumbup:    Wash

http://www.thesmokerking.com/butcherpaperbrisket.html#.WsryfmeWxT0

47 minutes ago, C Funnk said:

28E3F61A-7C4E-49BB-BD8D-3D78AD643B8E.thumb.jpeg.0f792d5e17eadd88850aa057869f8200.jpegSouth Texas hog bacon. Fry some eggs in that grease, and it’s the best breakfast for supper you can have!

I made breakfast supper the other day with the chorizo I made last weekend an scrambled eggs, breakfast is good anytime like pizza!

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic