Grilling

imschur

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nice set up shepp i gotta know how do these things handle the rain.. its wet 90% of the year or close to it where im at. i have a stainless grill now that has held up fine for 3 or 4 years now? i cover it when its cooled down but it usually takes a beating.  should i build a roof over this grill or just cover it? 

I use the custom cover over the heat shield cover that Shepp has got in that pic...the heat shield allows smoking in cold temps...I leave mine on year around even at 100 degrees outside....you use a lot less pellets.....when its starts raining while im smoking I just pull it under the patio eve.....over 6 years outside rain sleet snow no rust...damn I just jinxed the crap out of myself !.....they might have a stainless one?   if they do it would be a washguy call to the gal for a deal on it       :thumbup:

They do sell a stainless one @sketch but they recommend not letting it get wet, a lot of electronics and also if you get water in the hopper the pellets will turn to mush then concrete

i got talking to a friend from HS today, his brother is an executive chef and is running this company

https://www.rhodypepper.com/

probably going to order some stuff to support him

That's funny.  Back home in Canada, we'd wait until the most calm day and pull the grill up next to the house so that you could just open the door, flip whatever was on the grill, then get back to the warm.  Oddly enough, we just don't have garages or car ports where I'm from so we can't just do it out there.

2 hours ago, unforgiven said:

That cover that goes with the GM is heavy duty. You are all setup brother Neal. Sweet. Don't forget to at least open the overhead door.:lmao:

Damn good grill.:thumbup:

Lol actually not bad out there bearable in shorts and a hoodie minus the 2’ of snow we got in the past week

3D90C42C-D6BB-452E-BC3F-15D160D68F09.jpeg

5B06EAE1-81F3-43D0-A21C-888C22432FD2.jpeg

Damn they turned out good! 

3.5 hours at 225 then some bbq sauce and cranked her up to 400 for a few min then pulled them 

rubbed with dominator rib rub brushed with Stubbs bourbon bbq sauce, not super Smokey but damn did they good flavor 

oh and I made some corn bread

C3B8E14B-0D56-4C4A-A59B-76D69C045342.jpeg

70C53169-3159-4704-883F-525660CA65E1.jpeg

0E8490CF-055D-4851-9CC5-E9A3D9ED2E52.jpeg

6633E75E-5ADF-4D49-9FC4-3E513D818E20.jpeg

Shepp      yep the welders blanket custom fit is a bad mofo...never has let me down...you will pay for it by using a lot less of those pellets.....works like a bitch don't it?   :thumbup:     good lookin ribs  that's exactly what I did the other day oakridge for the win....I messed up and left em on 30 mins too long 2.5 is right on at 225     that effin wifi fukked me....I got lazy :laffs:    play wih ur chimney stack .... I adjusted mine closed some in this cold weather so it would retain smoke and heat some pellets have more smoke than others........if your cooks taste like lacquer your getting ur smoker pellets from a heating pellet company and that's ground up furniture...hell that might taste pretty good..... :laffs:  Wash

20 minutes ago, washguy said:

Shepp      yep the welders blanket custom fit is a bad mofo...never has let me down...you will pay for it by using a lot less of those pellets.....works like a bitch don't it?   :thumbup:     good lookin ribs  that's exactly what I did the other day oakridge for the win....I messed up and left em on 30 mins too long 2.5 is right on at 225     that effin wifi fukked me....I got lazy :laffs:    play wih ur chimney stack .... I adjusted mine closed some in this cold weather so it would retain smoke and heat some pellets have more smoke than others........if your cooks taste like lacquer your getting ur smoker pellets from a heating pellet company and that's ground up furniture...hell that might taste pretty good..... :laffs:  Wash

Well I got the ones you told me too soooooooooo they better not taste like shit

8 hours ago, sketch said:

it was left over goodness! the jam upped the ante. now for bigger meat @sisco what is that hunk ?? 

That my friend is called a cowboy ribeye or a tomahawk steak. Nearly three pounds and 2 and 1/2 inches thick. Going on the grill tonight.Will try to remember to take an after picture.

20180213_093928.jpg

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic