Grilling

imschur

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Shepp.... Every once in a blue moon it can happen... Looks great tastes bad.... Fresh chicken bought today.... First bite.. Yuk tastes funky  Chars drummies too... If it's funky and you can taste it even with death dust on it... Toss it.... Tators were good though

:embarrassed:   Wash

Hey Shepp   taora rub with lotsa  butter and sea salt wrap put em on an hour before ate 350...you will never eat another oven tator after this...Chars dept though she squeezes to tell if they are done or not at an hr in...she sez You will know when they are ready......as for as the wings /drummies I have experimented a lot...the key temp is 400 degrees for 20 mins a side for crispy skin total 40 mins  for full size wings/drummies        Kens's Blu Cheese to take the heat out of your palate       Wash

On 3/12/2018 at 10:14 AM, washguy said:

Hey Shepp   taora rub with lotsa  butter and sea salt wrap put em on an hour before ate 350...you will never eat another oven tator after this...Chars dept though she squeezes to tell if they are done or not at an hr in...she sez You will know when they are ready......as for as the wings /drummies I have experimented a lot...the key temp is 400 degrees for 20 mins a side for crispy skin total 40 mins  for full size wings/drummies        Kens's Blu Cheese to take the heat out of your palate       Wash

I call you my smoked meat mentor for a reason, best drummies I’ve had in a long time! 2/3’s game changer 1/3 death dust 20 and 20!!! Yes!! 

Ps tossed the seasoning legs and about 1/8 cup of veg oil in a bag and tossed for an hour or so

438147BC-9DF8-4543-B7FF-DD1146BEF7D8.jpeg

Edited by shepp

Way to Go Shepp !   I want crisp on a wing and drummie...I want that tendon that holds the wing to snap when pulled apart...no rubbery tendon...20/20 does it at 400...for my old smoker...Oh guess what the other night it was moonlit no chance of rain...my lazy azz didnt go out and cover the grill...guess what?  Yes freakin thunderstorm in the middle of the night.GEEEEEZ...told ya that wifi made me lazy...isnt it supposed to cover the grill for you?....so next morning started it up just to check it out...yep blew the gfi...well crap...reset gfi and shes alive burned off the pellets in auger, hopper nice and dry...you can not hurt these smokers...a while back i said it was 6 years old...nope its seven years old  .......you guys are so far ahead of me on smoking stuff....im lucky to see yalls awesome cooks......this thread just about covers smoking from a to z doesnt it?   I gotta get with the cheese cold smoking......and brother Rene im telling you is holding out on us...that aged prime post I go to once every now and then...now that looks tasty!  give it up Rene...cmon brother...what else you got?     :thumbup:   Wash

Ended the weekend with brisket, used green mountains method 185 for 7 hours then 185 till it hits 165 then it jumps up to 225 till 198, pulled it foiled it and put it in the cooler for an hour.

i also used meat churches brisket injection. I won’t be doing that and more straight bouillon powder from here on out! 

22B52233-9DDE-4E88-A8F0-4FAEBA92FF0B.jpeg

1 hour ago, unforgiven said:

Looks interesting brother, cut it open for a look see..

What part of Mexico is that from ?

I don't know. I have seen it on Mexican Restaurant menus all over the country, and enjoyed it when I ordered it. It might very well be an Americanized version of Mexican food,  I will ask Jose, our local restaurant owner who is a good dude next time I see him. I started working on my own take on it a year ago, and have added a bit to the restaurant version.

12 hours ago, washguy said:

Sisco      looks awesome brother!    next time gimme a side shot.....is it fluffy or loose?   :thumbup:   Wash

Wash, it is loose. I put a layer of melting cheese on top and bake it. 

Quick recipe: 2 Lbs. deboned thin sliced chicken, 1 cup black beans, 4 oz chopped roasted green chiles, 2 oz Adobo, or if powdered, 2 table spoons adobo seasoning. 1/4 tsp ground chipotle pepper,  1 tsp Tajin Classico seasoning, 2tbsp red chile powder, 1/2 chopped onion, 1 lb good(and I mean good) quality chorizo sausage. 1/2 cup of Mexican crumbling cheese and 1/2 cup of melting(quesadilla cheese), and 1/4 cup of Mexican crème, you can use half and half if you want.

Chop up onion and brown onion, chicken, chorizo and green chiles. in a skillet, while adding seasonings. When browned, add beans(drain if canned beans)and mix in beans and crumbling cheese and crème.

At this point I taste test and add more seasonings if needed. Often I will also add a small can of El Pato salsa  or else add some Valentina salsa picante if I think it needs it. But you have to be careful it doesnt get too soupy.

Layer quesadilla cheese over the top and pop the skillet in the oven for 30-40 minutes at 350F.

Put a corn tostada in the bottom of a bowl add the Choripollo and break up another tostada over it., or use some tortilla chips.

the wife likes to add a splash of sour cream or plain yogurt on top of it, and chop up some fresh red cabbage to mix in with it, which helps if there is too much liquid.

My wife is addicted to it. She asks me to make it about once a week. I have started making a double batch and refrigerating left overs for lunches or freezing it for a quick meal. 

If you try it let me know how it works out.

Edited by Sisco

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic