Grilling

imschur

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

70°F today in MD = Grilling! Went rockfishing on Christmas eve last year. We killed them, so Christmas in April + some steak and grilled veggies. Cooked over char coal and cherrywood.

Prep and grill rockfish.

place fillets in bag or bowl with lemon juice, olive oil, pinch of garlic powder, sea salt, slap ya mama, old bay and black pepper. Let them sit for 30 minutes - 1 hour. 

place on hot grill over heat 4 -7 minutes on each side add slice of butter and pinch of old bay when you flip. 

Steak do your thing. 

20171224_094030.jpg

20180412_185844.jpg

20180412_191004.jpg

20180412_191859.jpg

Tonight was also a steak night for me... wolfed it down before I could get a picture of it. lol. not real good at getting them medium or medium rare anymore since my wife likes them well done to burnt. lol. hard to get mine cooked half as much as hers and still be ready at the same time.

30 minutes ago, ARTrooper said:

Tonight was also a steak night for me... wolfed it down before I could get a picture of it. lol. not real good at getting them medium or medium rare anymore since my wife likes them well done to burnt. lol. hard to get mine cooked half as much as hers and still be ready at the same time.

Buy an instant read thermometer. About 10 bucks online and makes hitting that perfect  temp a no brainier. Don't forget that meat will cook just a little more after you take it off the grill.  If she likes Welldone and you like medium just drop yours on a few minutes after.

https://www.amazon.com/Thermometer-Habor-Meat-Instant-Read/dp/B01DISPQJ0/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1523593534&sr=8-10&keywords=instant+read+thermometer

Edited by GoodByNAair

6 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

I have a grilling fork that can do that... but only use it for chicken and pork. guess I should try it on beef. 

Still even with mine being a little more done than I like, I have gotten very good at keeping even a well done steak nice and juicy. 

Start hers before yours, 7&7 for med rare

Wheres my t shirt? :laffs:  this is chickin lickin    boneless skinless breasts pounder flat... Rubbed your choice not heavy though..... 475 temp 14 mins per side.... Topped with kolby jack shredded cheese on first then bbq sauce then diced tomatoes then diced fresh green onion chives...  Wash

20180417_181615.jpg

20180417_181802.jpg

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic