85 Jimmy

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:o

Haha, I'll post some sometime today. My wife still doesn't know about this build, so I have to wait for a good time.

So now I need:

BUIS

Magazines

Already ordered/have:

MATEN reciever set (backordered, 3 weeks down)

18" ultramatch barrel (have)

UBR stock (backordered)

MIAD grip (have)

TRX rail (have)

gas tube (have)

gas block (have)

chrome BCG (have)

B.A.D.A.S.S. (ordered)

Buffer and spring (ordered)

Geissele SSA-E trigger (ordered)

LPK (ordered)

AAC 51T brakeout muzzle brake (ordered)

Meaning when the wife is out of the house! <lmao> Don't forget to delete the pics afterwards! <thumbsup>

The funny thing is she wants to get into hunting, and asked when I was going to build her a AR for hunting. So I'm starting to gather parts for a 300 blackout also...

So now I need:

Magazines

Already ordered/have:

MATEN reciever set (have)

UBR stock (backordered)

MIAD grip (have)

TRX rail (have)

gas tube (have)

gas block (have)

chrome BCG (have)

B.A.D.A.S.S. (have)

Buffer and spring (have)

Geissele SSA-E trigger (have)

LPK (ordered)

AAC 51T brakeout muzzle brake (ordered)

MBUS (ordered) I want KAC micro flip front and rear 200-600 meter sights, but can't find any in stock, so the MBUS's will have to do until I can get them, then the MBUS's will either go on the 5.56 or the 300 blk.

Here's some better pictures. I am not into photography at all, so more than likely, ever picture I post will suck compared to others.

1344955310.jpg

1344955190.jpg

1344955085.jpg

Yea, I really like the TRX. I have Troy's MRF on my 5.56 gun and the TRX feels way better in your hand. But I don't have any rail covers on the MRF.

I ordered the brakeout comp from AAC this weekend, but still haven't gotten an email with any shipping notice... The same thing with the few parts I need to finish the lower. I ordered them from RRA and have no confirmation on shipping.

And if I don't have my UBR in my hands by the 25th I'm calling Botach and cancelling my order. I ordered it on the 17th, then a few days later got an email saying it was on back order with no ETA. Called last week and they said they are on order, but don't know when they will receive them.

Botach is like that, if you can find the part somewhere else order it.

UBR's are still listed as in stock at the link I posted.

I have bought from him, first rate service.

Payday is the 25th, so if it's not here I'm ordering from somewhere else. I'll probably go with one of the sites already posted in this thread.

Also on the 25th there is a gun show locally, so I'll prbably be bring home a stripped lower for the 300 blk...  <thumbsup>

Should I check the headspace on this thing? Just wondering, b/c when I put the barrel nut on I set my torque wrench to 40 ftlbs and torqued it. Well one of the notches in the nut was covering up the gas tube hole and I had to put a fair amount of force on the nut to keep it going so I could get the gas tube lined up. Not sure what the torque ended up being.

If I should, does anyone have a suggestion on go/no go gauges or a headspace gauge?

That's what I was figuring.

Anyone have one that I can borrow? I'll pay shipping.

Also I just got off the phone with AAC and the brakeout muzzle compensator I bought from them is on brack order for 30-45 days, is it safe to shoot this thing without a muzzle device on it?

I'm starting to get anxious to start breaking this thing in, so anxious that I'm not waiting to get paid to order stuff doah.gif . I cancelled my original order this morning for the UBR and re-ordered it. I also ordered the muzzle device and go/no go gauges and already checked the headspace using them. Now I'm waiting on Clint to email me back about my buffer situation. It was my mistake and I ordered the wrong buffer.

So after I get the stock and a new buffer/spring I should be ready to shoot it. I'll be ordering p-mags for it this weekend, if I can't find any at the local gun show.

So now I need:

Magazines

Already ordered/have:

MATEN reciever set (have)

UBR stock (re-ordered)

MIAD grip (have)

TRX rail (have)

gas tube (have)

gas block (have)

chrome BCG (have)

B.A.D.A.S.S. (have)