• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

OBUMA SIGNING UN TREATY

6132expert

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I missed a post, but my fiancée just texted me saying the united states has decided NOT to sign the in treaty. Straight from the superior court, which by the way is very pro gun

I hope that is true, that would be the best news I've heard in a while! <thumbsup>

I got this off the Brownells monthly newsletter;

(Interesting point about the Senate ratification of this UN ATT. I read from a reliable source that treaties submitted to the U.S. Senate require approval of two-thirds of Senators present to be ratified. Wonder what happens if it's brought to the floor at 0200 hours when most against it are absent and the few there are for ratification and two-thirds of them vote in favor of it.)

Brownells are usually not alarmist.

Since US Money is the only money that keeps the UN going, I think it would behoove us all to start a petition to be sent to our Senators demanding that, in light of our current fiscal situation (thank you Obie!) all funding to the UN be suspended. The fact is, we simply can't afford to prop up this anti-American do nothing bogus organization. What say you Brothers?

The US asked for more time, then Russia and China did too.

So, it is not dead but held off for now.

I'm sure that had a lot to do with what is going on in Syria, and N Korea! Also with something like 46 congress men call Hillery up and saying it would be best not to sign it helped us. From what I understand they plan to be back at the tables in the near future under radar to start back up, and they plan to do this before January. Dick Mooris sent out over 700,000 letters to congress from/for folks like us whom signed his petition. That right there says a lot when nearly a MILLION people responded to just one web site over this rediculas excuse of a Treaty!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hope you didn't mean the Pentagon, then.

There's a few buildings in this country allot of freedom loving people would have been happy to see taken out. I personally wouldn't have been upset to see the Federal Reserve destroyed. Sad for some of the employees, but happy for the nation's futire.

Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon today urged sustained efforts to tackle the illegal trade in small arms and light weapons

Mr. Ban told delegates, in a statement delivered by Deputy Secretary-General Jan Eliasson, that illicit small arms remain the weapons of choice for those who seek to challenge legitimate State power

This is from the UN  itself, emphasis added by me.

http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=42744&Cr=small&Cr1=arms