• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

damaged my gun funds...

edgecrusher

well, with the wife 7 months pregnant with our twins, "we" decided to invest in a smowblower. So I figured, shit, if I'm getting a snowblower, I'm getting a kick ass snowblower… then I started seeing what that would cost. HOLY MOTHER OF GOD BATMAN! Well I found one I liked, got a good deal, and pulled the trigger.

12.4 hp engine, electric and pull start…. big and bad! The biggest complaint i've read is the pansies who say it doesn't have electric hand warmers... :limp-wrist:

http://www.husqvarna.com/us/products/snow-throwers/1830hv/

Husq's are no joke, GREAT machines. 12+ HP is badass!! My first dirt bike wasn't that powerful.

It will really turn the task into a 5 min job, no matter how bad the snow.

You could have a nice little side business that would compensate your guns fund. All you need is a few neighbors to pitch in. Especially coming home from your regular night shift.

Good gravy man...that crybaby review on the bottom, after all the raves above it.  Gotta love people like that.

Remember Edge...no testing it on leaves in the fall!  <laughs>

Jon

damn, never thought about that! that would be some funny shit, leaves rolling in a 30' arc!

I'll see if we can get an action pic up when it dumps some snow

That is 100% correct, we have only 1, she is almost 3, the single best thing I ever did but EVERYTHING changes I can't imagine having 2 at a time. Looks like a good machine, you sound like me, if it is worth buying its worth buying good quality, and always get one that is bigger than you HAVE to have, Husky's are top notch.

Great choice man. Coincidentally I started my snow blower today even thought is was like 55 degrees.

I actually enjoy using the snow blower. if I was to do it again I would go with a different model. Something with larger wheels. I have an Aries 712. The 24" is perfect but the little wheels have trouble going over things .

Then you need something like this Drew!

http://www.husqvarna.com/us/products/snow-throwers/1830exlt/

Nice!!!

My parents had a 4x4 ATV with a plow. I modified the raise and lower mechanism to operate with a winch. Worked awesome. It made plowing snow a blast. Maybe when I get a house I will do an ATV with a snow blower or get one of these

Great choice of a snow blower now ..... get extra shear pins, and learn where anything is that can go inside it like lawn rocks ,kids toys,garden hose, etc etc it will amaze you to see how many things are under a sudden snow storm, make sure your glasses if you wear them are not in a pocket or anywhere that when you bend over to do something while running the blower they may slip out, you will never see them again been there done that found them next spring 30 feet away they do not look good after going through the snow blower do not wear any loose clothing these things are serious munchers..... congrats on the twins.. :)

Fingers inside machines aren't a good combination.  Worked with a guy that lost most of a finger in a lathe when someone jokingly hit the jog button on his lathe, while he was trying to fix it.

I don't even like sticking my fingers into firearms for a round check.

My 'tarded older brother got a pair of industrial hedgers all gummed up (which I loaned him).  So he oiled up the bar that would cut 1" branches, went full throttle...nothing.  So he pushed on the blade with his thumb.  <laughs>

Be careful Edge!

Jon

Thanks guys, but if it's going to be serviced at home, I got a 2yr unlimited warranty free, I'll lock out tag that bitch for sure. My day job is spent working on a 200' tandem lineal extrusion coating line with two auxillary feeds, which is pretty much to say, it's more than fingers….. there is a high burn danger, shock danger, pressurized everything… I'll be careful.