• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Santa came early!

seasprite

Well I just installed my Christmas presents and I think I'm in love  :love4:

Installed my apex & my acs light had trouble with the barrel nut had to take it to a gunsmith because the wrench I barrowed from a friend was the wrong one even though it was for a DPMS .308. He only charged me $20.00 to take the D ring off so not to bad. The only problems I ran into other than that was a couple of the screws for the top rail ran into the gas tube so I had grind them down a little bit but all is well now. Still have some work to do I ran out of lock tight so I'll have to pick up a bottle and go over all the screws to make sure everything stays nice and tight.

The first pic is before.

Then the new look. Do you like?

post-1747-136297287012_thumb.jpg

post-1747-136297287019_thumb.jpg

post-1747-136297287028_thumb.jpg

post-1747-136297287036_thumb.jpg

I always liked the Apex rails, but after shooting Rob's, I know I really need to get one.  The damn things are awesome.  <thumbsup>

When I grab the hand guard you can feel it dig into your hands not enough to be painful or anything like that it just felt right.

Now I need to think of what I can do next possibly a new pistol grip and new bi-pod for sure. I need help I can't stop now :o

Yeah..........he's kinda right about that.  <laughs>

<laughs> I knew what I was getting into but the wife on the other hand had know idea :o <lmao>

Lets see hear

Dpms Oracle        $925.00

Scope & mount    $300.00

SSA trigger          $200.00

Apex hand guard  $366.00

Magpul ACS L    $  86.00

$1877.00

Fun with my friends with a cool straight shooting rifle PRICELESS  <thumbsup>

You can't put a price on a good time brother,well you could but then you just ignore it [the price that is]. <thumbsup> <laughs> <lmao>

Oh so true <thumbsup>

Lets add a little shall we, I need a new bi-pod since I now have a bottom rail. Do you guy's have any good options out there?

The one that I did have was an Harris 9"-13" and worked good for straight on shots from the bench. 

Great looking gun I just installed the Apex carbine hand guard with cut out and I love it the grip is just killer....

Thanks,after reading your thread in the hunting section that pretty much sealed it for me. I've been looking at different hand guards for awhile but could never decide on witch one.