• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Is it dumb to build multipe uppers for a single lower?

EasyEJL

I finally ordered an AR15 lower originally with the plans of a 300 AAC upper. But looking at the 458 socom, that is pretty intriguing too. Is it a bad idea to build just the one lower but have more than 1 upper for it? considering they both use the standard ar15 mags.

I kind of have a mixed view on this subject , I have wanted to have multiple uppers for a couple of lowers ,but I too ,like the different rifles .

There is on other thing, safety , I built a dedicated 300 BLK rifle with the Tactical Machining lower & upper & stamped that way on the lower , makes you think about not interchanging the wrong ammo in a rifle or just trying to & feeling a dooooooo moment or some thing worse.

I do like the idea of it though & the ability to do so.

I asked the same question. I do not see how having different uppers is a bad thing. I can understand how you just build another rifle, and it may become one. But right now, I just figure a carbine length light upper with a ACOG sight would be cool, and I can also go to a range and reach out and touch some steel.