• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Best target unoridnary!!

sketch

So if I could go back about 7 years and take pix I would maybe know how to post them as well... my ? is what is the most unique things that you have shot at with any ammo or handgun/riffle not including paper or animal.

My experiencies have been mostly bottles but not to bring light to a dull target maybe you filled one with colored die? Targets are becoming more than fun i.e..exploding targets..well in my most long awaited memory to come out here and the getto hills I shot in as a kid there was a few stolen cars that my 223 was happy with and ate up the engine like cheese.. You know the type! So here is my most unique.. Bullet resistant drywall. I put two peices of 5/8 with the fiberglass reinforcement  to the test!!

12 inch by 12 inch aproxx. (40$ per foot)  at the time a full sheet was stupid expensive!!

25 yds .40 cal made a huge dimple after 3 rnds i was through.

100 yds .223/.762x39 punched holes all day

same rnds at same distance on 1/4 inch steel same result!!

So in my mind self defence is a better institute than a pannic room or a bank Ive built bolth and live the other!!

My weedeater! That thing was the heaviest thing I ever used, and the head would suck the line back in every few minutes, so one Saturday I woke up and my back wasn't hurting so I decided to just be lazy and enjoy laying in bed for awhile, then the wife comes in and starts in about the weedeating that I didn't do the afternoon before. After arguing a bit I went out and got it gassed up, and wound with brand new line, I used it for a total of about 5 minutes and had to restring it 3 times, I then proceded to try and insult it with profanity, grabbed it by the business end and slung it as far as possible, and not so calmly went in the shop with it laying out there running. I stayed in there for probably 15-20 minutes before I had to go over to the house to get something to drink, and there it was still running, laughing at me! I calmly went inside, got a glass of iced tea, opened the safe, got out the ar-15 and a 30 rounder went out and blew it to pieces igniting the full tank of super unleaded, I emptied the mag and let it burn itself out. Later I got out my 19 year old homelite that had not run in 3 years, didn't even put fresh gas in it and it started in 3 pulls! My wife was so mad she was in tears, she should have just let me be lazy.

<lmao>  <laughs> No S H I T ,finnally got a gas weedwacker I've had electric and cordless and keep going through line like no tommorrow.Got the gas so I could put the head with hard plastic blades to get away from the fukin line.It was a little bit of fukin around to get it started.If don't act right I might follow you'r lead brother. :hethan:

in my younger, dumber days out at an old quarry we would start a nice little fire and place coleman camp stove propane tanks in it. lay off about 100yds and commence to make fireworks. most of the time they would shoot straight up in the air like a rocket. sometimes they would come right back at you like a flaming ball of death. good times.

If it's your property shoot what you want.

Here in the desert we're getting shooting places shutdown from shooters littering like pigs on one prong, and the counties giving building permits out around sanctioned shooting ranges on the other.

TVs, computers, hot water heaters, glass bottles, plastic bottles, propane bottles and tanks, pallets, boxes, paper targets, usually left behind with piles of brass and steel cases too.

Multiple times our orginization SAFE Inc has paid for roll-off dumpsters to clean up these trash piles left by other shooters, labor provided by us, other shooting and hunting orginizations, Boy Scouts.  Within weeks piles of trash would be back.  Reddington Pass is now shut down for shooting due to irresponsible shooters providing such a great image of the shooting community..."We're all pigs! Enjoy our filthy mess!"

Sportsman's Warehouse employees used to go out and clean up Ironwood National Forest shooting areas...but jerk shooters couldn't get the hint.  Now Ironwood is shut down for shooting also.  If you get caught shooting out there for shooting's sake, it is a $250 fine.

IMO shoot what you want.

But haul out more than you brought.

Jon

Haul out more than we brought has always been the way we do it when camping in the national forest or at a public or private range, there used to be gravel pits all around hobbs where my dad lives that you could shoot in but the locals (not myself) left truckloads of junk behind so all the ones I knew of got locked up, we have no public ranges here.

I shoot on all private land, I don't think there are any public ranges around here even. Some times Ill take steal cylinders from work and shoot them up, steal plate, and a good friend of mines got a shooting gallery set up at his farm with a tree, Texas star and a few other steal targets. Also always likes blowing up jugs of whater at 350-400 yards.

Some good ol boys I used to hunt with would take old lawn mowers start them and got out to 300-400 yards and take free handshots with iron sights, 5$ a shot first person to make the mower stop running wins

Last summer I shot up a whole Rubbermaid tub full of canned soda that I came across in the garage. That stuff had been in there for several years, and most of it still had pressure. Josh and I shot it all with my LR308 from back at 100 yards. Lot of fun until we had to pick up all that aluminum from the berm, that was a bit sticky but I brought a jug of water to wash up with in anticipation of that. I've always taught my kids to pack out more than we brought in, at the range or camping.

No people leave beer they brought if I like it it gets drunk (like that) if I don't it goes in a crate in the garage for beer brats. Funny thing is its mostly bud light, not even worthy of beer brats....

So bud light targets it is

Saw a guy cart a huge rear projection TV out to a known shooting spot last year. Hit it 5 or 6 times with a shotgun and then headed back to their car. We asked if they were planning on taking it with them and he just ignored us. I walked around and took a pic of his plate and yelled "don't worry...we got you covered" he went peeling out like Mr bad ass. I called the illegal dumping number and FS soon as I had cell reception again and reported him. hope he got a nasty surprise for that one.

Edited by blue109

I must note all the hills where i usta shoot are all gated now due to ashole kids stealing cars and torching them.. the last time on sed hill my friend and I had a small arsonry in the rig and were stopped by the sheriff on our way out he was very stern and had hands on his sidearm!!! stupid mfers lit up a car in the middle of the day.. C:-)