• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Just got back from my local gun-pusher

Rsquared

As it says in the title, just rolled back into the house from my LGS. He had called me earlier....silly me thought that he was calling about a couple of lowers that he's been keeping safe in his.....well....safe. But nooooooooo. He was calling me to let me know that he's got some Black Rain Ordnance billet upper and lower sets (5.56) that he just got in. So, being the fool that I am, I decide to head on up there. Read that as a stooooopid mistake. I no sooner stumble through his door.....pick up and handle the billet set.....and some how........."I'll take two of em" comes outta my mouth. I'm tellin you guys.......it's a sickness (as many of you know). And if that isn't enough, somehow, he happened to have a Noveske switchblock dangling on his wall.....right at about eye level (shocker.......he's a prick). Needless to say.....that left with me too. Thank god he only had the one of them.    ..............were you paying attention earlier when I said it's a sickness?

And then...............to top it all off. What does he produce in front of me (knowing that I've been looking for something close)? A Desert Eagle in .44 Mag. Slightly used....but in nice shape. I've had him on the hunt for a .357 Eagle for me. It was HARD not to add that one to the list. It was a good price. ssshhhhhhhhh. I may go back tommorrow and tack that one on also.

Every damn time I fall into his shop, I come away a little bit lighter in the wallet. But....in my State (of confusion and communism), I'm gathering lowers as fast as I can find good deals.Before that we're "not allowed" to buy them anymore........more RAT BASTARDS!

So, this brings me up to 7 different builds that I'll have on the books. And I still got 5 more months till the deadline. Hell.....I'm gonna have my own production facility by October. <lmao>

Her's a pic of the BRO set. Sorry for piss-poor phone pic....but, you'll get over it.

post-12568-0-89853400-1369434922_thumb.j

Edited by Rsquared

Sweet! Now if I can't use Tom as my excuse, I have a new fall guy..... but honey, Ron has three!

Right on! My wife was starting to interrupt anyways whenever I'd try to blame Tom, she'd say "... and DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT BLAMING POOR TOM FOR THIS!!!" and I'd lose out right off the bat.

Well now I know I'm not alone, nice to know the sickness has spread. I just received my Mega Arm 308 MKM today just in time to take it with me to the LGS I seem to visit every Friday. Well the high power guys had just left and left me with a couple of the AR boys. Had to keep one eye on the MKM while having the coffee and a donut. Now I have not gotten to the display cabinet to see the resent arrivals Bill (Bill knows I'm into the High power, ARs and 1911s) calls out and produces the SIG Scorpion saying this is what I need next. Like the sickness just pulled me in and it left with me. Like I needed a 10th 45. So how I don't think anyone here is going to cure me and I am single too.

Sick but happy :auto: 

Does he have any stripped upper receivers ?

I need one for the 5.56  Black rain Ordinance lower I just bought .

They make nice receivers .

Yeah, he's got some BRO uppers. Though they do come with the port door and forward assist.

Well now I know I'm not alone, nice to know the sickness has spread. I just received my Mega Arm 308 MKM today just in time to take it with me to the LGS I seem to visit every Friday. Well the high power guys had just left and left me with a couple of the AR boys. Had to keep one eye on the MKM while having the coffee and a donut. Now I have not gotten to the display cabinet to see the resent arrivals Bill (Bill knows I'm into the High power, ARs and 1911s) calls out and produces the SIG Scorpion saying this is what I need next. Like the sickness just pulled me in and it left with me. Like I needed a 10th 45. So how I don't think anyone here is going to cure me and I am single too.

Sick but happy :auto: 

Sick but happy...............and lovin every minute of it.

Don't do this to me. I want that 1911 Carry model pretty damned bad!

Fight back Rob. Tell em how that 220 just feels right when it's in your hand (mine does). And then..............then....then.....Awww hell......get the 1911.....I would.

Edited by Rsquared

I just want the 1911 scorpion grips. Maybe in OD or grey. I'd be happy with any of the railed, commander size, 1911's (Kimber TLE/RL Pro or the Springfield LW Champion Operator)

Has anyone seen the new Crimson Trace micarta grips? They look pretty damned sexy too. I'm not sure if they're Kimber exclusive, but I'm debating those too.

Why can't Sig and Crimson Trace make me some laser/scorpion grips!?!?

It's a sickness, without a doubt. My excuse is..Hun, do you realize the state of the gun market today...blah blah blah. I go on a semi-contained factual account ramble. My goal is to bore the hell out of my wife to the point that she runs for the next room to get away from me and just agrees that I made a good purchase. I figure I can keep this up for at least one more lower and another 2500 rifle before I need to change tactics.

• 3 weeks later...

Yep. They're closed Sunday and Monday (for the holiday)

Mark Paxton

2 A Sales

240-456-0060

I was reading through this thread thinking this dealer sounds alot like mine.  Then my suspicions were confirmed when I read this post.  I walked in yesterday just to chat with Mark and walked out with a LR-308.  I can't walk in there without buying something.  I was there when the guy traded in the D.E.  It was nice