• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Idea for Contests and Such

OFP2651

So this is more of an idea than an actual plan or something like that. What if we had a PayPal account, to be administrated by a trusted individual, that we could donate money to. Then the administrator(s) would be able to use that money to purchase the items. Qualifiers for the contestants would be whatever it is, plus having contributed to the PayPal account. and of course depending on the item you could always put a "Minimum donation required for this weeks item is $XXX" on it. I just know I would probably thorugh in $50 or so if the chance to win a gun came along, and a $1 or so for a chance at the $25 dollar giftcard, and so on and so forth. The idea only really works if people are willing, and just from the support I have seen of people saying they would donate to keep the site up, maybe the account could be used for that too.

Its just an idea.

Someday I would like to get something going like Glocktalk. I just dont have enough horsepower for an endeavor like this at this time.

The best way to keep the site funded aside from purchasing from advertisers is by original content to be used at the main site or any of my other sites. Connecticut's new laws are hurting me in a big way.

• 1 year later...

just a thought ...I remember we did a xmas contest a couple years ago. it was entertaining. maybe do that again since we have more members? not for a prize or anything, just for the facebook page and because everyone likes to take pics of these dead sexy 308s. keep it in a subform here just for the pics so they don't get lost in a big derailed thread.

• 3 months later...

So this is more of an idea than an actual plan or something like that. What if we had a PayPal account, to be administrated by a trusted individual, that we could donate money to. Then the administrator(s) would be able to use that money to purchase the items. Qualifiers for the contestants would be whatever it is, plus having contributed to the PayPal account. and of course depending on the item you could always put a "Minimum donation required for this weeks item is $XXX" on it. I just know I would probably thorugh in $50 or so if the chance to win a gun came along, and a $1 or so for a chance at the $25 dollar giftcard, and so on and so forth. The idea only really works if people are willing, and just from the support I have seen of people saying they would donate to keep the site up, maybe the account could be used for that too.

Its just an idea.

Could this be considered a lottery? and be illegal?

I'm for the idea.I have been involved in raffles where our 4H rifle club raffled off a 870 shotgun to raise money to buy 22 target rifles for the kids. One of our parents was a judge and a lawyer. She did all the paper work and we had no problems. The kids did all the ticket selling.. The senior NRA rifle club donated the 870 shotgun. How about setting up so we could donate with a debit or credit card?

? can you make a AR10 with a piston instead of the standard gas tube.. I see they sell kits for the AR15 to convert ..

its possible, there are a few factory ones but the parts aren't available to retrofit one easily. I know someone who is working on doing it himself, we'll see where he gets over time