• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

The SKS has been de-bubba'd

bubbasks

Well i finally had the opportunity and maturity to turn my sks back to stockish; a way i have never seen it. When i bought it it was like dis.

IMG-20111229-00377_zpsbca1d451.jpg

And when I found out i was moving to cali i decided to put a fixed stock on it and went full bubba on it. Like dis.

CameraZOOM-20130609135558301_zps85938945

And last weekend I was at the range when i noticed a guy shooting a beat up sks and everything else was tacticooled out so i saw my chance. Traded and installed my stock for his '52 stock (mine is '53).

IMG_20131203_174447_953_zpsa31ea591.jpg

IMG_20131203_174426_122_zps267c07ae.jpg

Now ive workd on it and after quite a bit of work and some stain, ive now got what i want.

IMG_20131203_201449_766_zps2c56dfb6.jpg

IMG_20131203_201655_484_zps785133cf.jpg

I had a beautiful stock for mine. Bought it when I was a teenager and put the folder on it. Lost one piece and tossed the wood...and it's a shame...because I wound up de-bubbaing mine a few years back. To get it california legit as well. She sports a black Monte Carlo stock now...bummer. Yours looks great. I like it!

Thanks, i still wanted it to look used and not brand new so it has some character. The flat stain and clear came out good. Not all shiney and new like my Negant. I forgot the wonderful fireball that cut down barrel produced. Waited till dark and had a light show. I missed shooting this rifle. Its alot like a 22; you forget how fun it is when you dont get it out of the safe now and then.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...