• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

USPS - Who else has had shipping problems?

sodbuster

Three times this year, USPS has caused me major heartburn concerning gun / gun stuff transactions.

Strike 1 - March 2013 and the Allen Park, MI sorting center "lost" my Shield 9mm for over a week. Scans stopped as soon as it reached their facility. Some woman employee calls me after I complained and was absolutely no help and couldn't care less. If Saturday Night Live did a parody of worthless employees - she'd be it! They magically found it a week later and it moved along nicely after that.

Strike 2 - July, 2013 sent an old Ruger .44 carbine back to Ruger to see if they could fix the misdrilled scope mount holes. Scans stop at NH sorting center. None - no more - notta. Called Ruger and they saw it was delivered four business days past when it should have been delivered. Complained and got an e-mail back stating the scans stopped at NH sorting center. Anything else we can help you with? OMG.

Strike 3 - Now - Ordered four .308 P-mags from Gunbroker.com for my new M&P 10. Shipped by the seller and scans stop at Allen Park, MI sorting center. It's well over a week since it was supposed to be delivered to me. Filed a complaint and guess who calls? The same loser from Strike  1 LOL. And the same help to boot. I will lose $62.00 on this one.

Rant over. Anybody else have these problems?  Zero issues with anything that comes UPS.

I'm sick of my FedEx stuff getting handed off to usps last minute

Same here but it's a less expensive shipping charge when they do that. UPS does the same thing at times. I have no problem when it's my local post office - those people rock actually. It's funny since the local PO is only 1/4 mile from my house  <lmao>

The brown hole or the purple hole ? Both are known for losing stuff. Very big facilities with high volumes of packages daily.

In all my years, I've not had a brown problem. Not even once other than off a day on scheduled delivery. I always seem to be on the cool guys route too - just lucky I guess with UPS.

My UPS guy is a buddy of mine, got his personal cell phone # on my phone!

I've had pretty good luck with USPS, especially with the care packages going out to Josh in Okinawa. We just sent out 6 Priority mail boxes to Marines the first of the week, 5 to Okinawa and one to Camp Lejune. Hope my luck holds out!

USPS tracking sucks ass! I was waiting for atv parts a couple of weeks ago, the scans stopped in Georgia, even when it was delivered it still showed as being in Georgia. It's always something like this with them, UPS on the other hand is great, I also have my drivers # and if I am waiting on some parts that I need bad he will meet me or call me down to where they do their sort instead of making me wait till 9pm which is when he gets here bc I am at the end of his route (11pm this time of year).

Incredibly, the losers at USPS now lost my order of  6 .308 P-mags. That's 10 P-Mags lost by them in 2 weeks. I smell a rat or thieves. Two orders from two different suppliers and I have nothing. Zero. Notta. This is incredible........

Rattle the sabre with your local postal inspectors…ask them if they plan on finding out who is stealing your legally shipped firearms parts or if you need to ask BATF to investigate who in their employment is stealing gun parts, perhaps to assemble illegal weapons.

Rattle the sabre with your local postal inspectors…ask them if they plan on finding out who is stealing your legally shipped firearms parts or if you need to ask BATF to investigate who in their employment is stealing gun parts, perhaps to assemble illegal weapons.

There's an idea - tell them I plan to involve the BATF LOL. Good thinking!

Thanks to everyone for replying, condoling etc. Much appreciated.

Both of mine were shipped 2 day priority. One has taken 13 days and not showed yet. The other has taken 4 days and not showed yet. I think the USPS losers owe every person a refund of the extra expense paid for 2 day service (or whatever) if it didn't make it in time. Else, why charge for something they cannot possibly do? My disdain for USPS grows by the second. And by the way, if you call to complain, you're on hold bombarded with USPS commercials (all lies) and nobody answers your call. I need something to lower my blood pressure  :hethan:

Edited by sodbuster