• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Weapon System Commonality

htbde

Pretty much everything gets built with Armalite LPK's (w/2-stage tac triggers).....Hogue grips.....Raptor handles....BAD levers....Troy (or recently YHM) BUIS's....AAC comps or brakes and Slash's heavy buffers. I'll bounce around with barrels (though I like Noveske barrels), BCG's, stocks and handguards.

Pretty much everything gets built with Armalite LPK's (w/2-stage tac triggers).....Hogue grips.....Raptor handles....BAD levers....Troy (or recently YHM) BUIS's....AAC comps or brakes and Slash's heavy buffers. I'll bounce around with barrels (though I like Noveske barrels), BCG's, stocks and handguards.

How do the Armalite 2-stage triggers compare with KAC and Geissele?  I see them from time to time reasonably priced.

I have three Geissele Service Rifle SSAs and a Armalite two-stage in an AR-15 NM and i like the Geissele way better.  Armalite feels great and I will not bash it, but Geissele is a step up.  They provide great instructions and installation pins (great tools) with every trigger.  Once sear engagement is adjusted (not hard) the second stage breaks so perfectly (I mean snaps) there is nothing but a surprise at the release.  First stage is so smooth and will let off the same way.  They are a fabulous company to deal with.  

My first Geissele trigger rubbed the front wall of my receiver trigger well, so they said send it all to them.  They determined my receiver was a bit too tight and machined clearance to make trigger work.  No charge to me.  (I also bought both AR-15 and AR308 Geissele Reaction Rods to do barrel assembly and they are great.  No clamping receivers and putting a bunch of stress on them when changing/installing barrels.)

Those two trigger brands are my only two-stage experience, but I'm sold on Geissele.