• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Texas shooters

Madhouse

Details: Aero Precision FDE Stripped lower and complete upper with key mod rail, 

CMMG AR-10 .308 Lower Receiver Parts Kit LPK

KNS Precision Gen 2 Mod 2 Non-Rotating Trig/Ham Pins

Rock River Arms National Match 2-Stage Trigger Kit (thanks Runner Runner for letting me play around with the six (or more) examples way longer than I should have).

223heavyduty Charging handle + Dust Cover Port Door = DARK EARTH TAN

Xtreme Precision, LLC 308 Extended Front & Rear TDP's, Springs DPM (only ones I found long enough for the Aero Pivot Pin)

Black Rifle Supply Steel Low Profile Micro Block .750 -Black-
Ares Armor NiB BCG, 18" barrel, and MKII Effin-A Compensator .308
Vltor A5 EMOD(Tan/FDE) stock
UTG Mil-spec 6 position Receiver Extension Buffer Tube - FDE Cerakote
e-bay Sling Mount Adapter 2 Position Quick Detach Receiver End Plate Dark Earth
Troy 45 Degree Battle Sight FDE
NIKON ACTIVE TARGET 4-12X40 Mossy Oak Brush Scope
NIKON AR MOUNT MOSSY OAK BRUSH
Huskey MII EWS Sling Color: Kryptek Highlander

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought Rustic Range was closed. I used to always go out there but was told it was shutdown.  If you will be going there after the 4th I would love to know some more information about gaining access to the range.  I shoot on public land in New Mexico so if you really want to stretch out the rifle I can show you a few good remote areas. The new Lubbock Shooting Complex has their grand opening this past weekend and its a decent range allowing shooters to stretch out to 600

Sendit,

In Lubbock this weekend and shooting out at rustic on Saturday. It is private now, but I'll get some details for you on membership, etc. The buddy I'm shooting with is a member and teaches long range classes out there...he got my simple ars out to 1220 last time I shot with him. Glad the city has another place now; it's not like we're short on open space!

You working on your degree at TTU?

Happy shooting!

Howdy boys.....still kickin' down here in DeWitt county....just not quite as high ! Thought I'd check in to see what's been goin' on and looks like quite a lot. I been ringin' a little steel but not as much as I like to. I done developed a little case o' spinal stenosis.....up around the C-3 & C-4....and done lost feelin' in my hands and when I do feel, it hurts like hell....anyway, I 'posed to have surgery on the 22nd of this month and then maybe after another month, I can get behind my gun agin.....daummm ! In the mean time, here's a pitcher o' my sweetie....

HC

post-14928-0-70833600-1436520692_thumb.j

• 2 months later...

Hello from Cypress, Texas.  .308

North Houston Spring Area. Shoot mostly at SGA and ASC. Heard rumors of a new Range going up in Cypress . Indoor Rifle pistol and Tactical lanes. Guys at AMSS off of jones Rd. and 1960 were talking about opening one up

Let me know where that is.  The only outdoor range I know of here in Cypress is Hot Wells.  There is a new indoor range up the road from me on Mueschke.  Fairly new but I don't think rifle is allowed much less desirable at close range.  Been thinking of opening up access to bulk reloading brass for guys around here.  I can get hundreds of pounds of .308 on a regular basis.

Gabe, you quoted that post from 2011, and that member never visited again after only 3 posts.

I don't know of another range in our area side from Hot Wells and ASC.  Spring Guns and Ammo, the range on Witte Road near Gessner, and Shiloh Church Road range are all indoor options in out vicinity.

Howdy boys.....still kickin' down here in DeWitt county....just not quite as high ! Thought I'd check in to see what's been goin' on and looks like quite a lot. I been ringin' a little steel but not as much as I like to. I done developed a little case o' spinal stenosis.....up around the C-3 & C-4....and done lost feelin' in my hands and when I do feel, it hurts like hell....anyway, I 'posed to have surgery on the 22nd of this month and then maybe after another month, I can get behind my gun agin.....daummm ! In the mean time, here's a pitcher o' my sweetie....

HC

post-14928-0-70833600-1436520692_thumb.j

praying and hopeing from Comanche County Texas.

We been having several bad pickup wrecks here lately. a Chevy 1500 Silverado and a Dodge 1500 Ram had a head on on State 36 a two lane, and killed several people a 32 year old daddy and two of his kids severely injuring a small boy,in the Dodge and killed a young girl in the Chevy maybe we should ban 2 way two lane highways? We already know we can't ban 1/2 ton pickups, that is what we pull our horse trailers with to the goat ropings, and haul our AR15s and LR 308s and AR10s, and 870s in when we go out shooting, not to mention our boat trailers! WE BE TEXSANS!

• 1 month later...

Where is your hunting area?  My brother and I had a hunting lease at Richland Springs down by Brady.

I once heard an old West Texas rancher say " Iffen the good Lord decided to give Texas an enema he would stick it in in Austin."

Edited by mrmackc

MrMac     We be going down to Rocksprings down past Brady..kinda east of Sonora on hiway 55 bout an hour and a half out of Comfort ....but when we go to the hill country we always go the back way thru all the small towns...Char hates 35w and loves the backroads....we hit Hico and  then go down south  Llano to Junction I guess?...first time for this place Ive got an old gas station map I use...nothing better than that beat up ol map   lol

the rut oughta be going maybe...this ranch is three thousand acres with 18 blinds and we are the only hunters thats gonna be there  Yippeee    Wash

MrMac     We be going down to Rocksprings down past Brady..kinda east of Sonora on hiway 55 bout an hour and a half out of Comfort ....but when we go to the hill country we always go the back way thru all the small towns...Char hates 35w and loves the backroads....we hit Hico and  then go down south  Llano to Junction I guess?...first time for this place Ive got an old gas station map I use...nothing better than that beat up ol map   lol

the rut oughta be going maybe...this ranch is three thousand acres with 18 blinds and we are the only hunters thats gonna be there  Yippeee    Wash

Wash, we live on the Promontory on the North-West side of Lake Proctor in Comanche County, lake is on the East, North and South sides of us.. there is one FM road in and the same road out thru a lot of pecan orchards, this evening at almost sundown we were driving out to eat out and a 1/2 mile from home in a pecan orchard a big fat doe ran across the road, a young 8 point buck was chasing her, she doubled back across the road ahead of us and that buck ran back after her!  We just sat and watched the chase. So yes the rut is on, good luck

Allright!   thanks brother for the info.....cant wait to get out in the Hill Country... yeppers gonna go the Hico way to Hamilton then to Evant over to Goldthwaite

San Saba  LLano over to Mason down to Junction then Rocksprings......eating at  BBQ joints  all the way down      Wash