Madhouse

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello all,

I live in Marfa at the moment, and despite the vast expanses of flat clear land, i can anly find a 250 yard range. I havent had a chance to go yet, but from what the locals say, it is free, so I guess that makes up for it. Back in Uvalde where i grew up, I had a home made range with a gong at 800 and various other steel targets on the farm.  The Uvalde gun range was decent, with rifle range at 50, 100, 200, and 300, as well as a wide pistol range and trap and skeet also. 60$ a year for a membership, but i dont ever remember paying after the first year. They were kinda laid back at the time, not sure if it is still that way.

Shoot me a PM.. I have 11 acres in-between Van Horn and Valentine.. I will be out the week of 4/15-4/21 to have my cold-cabin built..

This is North Texas.  Garland Shooting range,  outdoor,  is very nice,  100 yd rifle range with targets at 50 & 100 yds;  pistol range;  shotgun area used for trap/skeet (?) (I don't do shotguns even though I own a couple).  $10 a visit even if it is all day and a bunch of guns.

Bullet Trap in Plano.  Never been there to shoot.  Don't like indoor much and all the indoor ranges seem really pricey.  Bullet Trap may not be nearly as expensive (no promises) as many that appear to have rules like 'one (hand)gun,  50 rounds & buy the (required factory) ammo from us,  drop $100,  don't let the door hit you in the %%## on the way out after you shoot.'

Last I head there was a push to get that Garland range closed down. Im not really sure why.

I went to Target Masters in Garland. Very nice place. Not too expensive either. Only big draw back is the rifle range is only 50 yards.

As for the Bullet Trap....dont wast your time or money. The range is kinda run down. Its expensive. And Ive heard of a few people getting lest than stellar customer service. Ive never had any issues in the dozen or so times I went but it really wouldnt surprise me.

Sadly I live (when Im back in the world) in the Frisco/Little Elm area. Once upon a time there was a range up on hwy 380 but its been closed some 8 years or so.

Last I head there was a push to get that Garland range closed down. Im not really sure why.

I went to Target Masters in Garland. Very nice place. Not too expensive either. Only big draw back is the rifle range is only 50 yards.

As for the Bullet Trap....dont wast your time or money. The range is kinda run down. Its expensive. And Ive heard of a few people getting lest than stellar customer service. Ive never had any issues in the dozen or so times I went but it really wouldnt surprise me.

Sadly I live (when Im back in the world) in the Frisco/Little Elm area. Once upon a time there was a range up on hwy 380 but its been closed some 8 years or so.

Hi Vlad  Good news  Theres a great range in leonard Tx up past Melissa. they have 100,200,300,400,and yes even 500 yd targets....google "topgunshooting range"  they are open thurs,fri,sat    also have pistol range  you wont find a nicer group of folks!  :)  Wash

Hi Vlad  Good news  Theres a great range in leonard Tx up past Melissa. they have 100,200,300,400,and yes even 500 yd targets....google "topgunshooting range"  they are open thurs,fri,sat    also have pistol range  you wont find a nicer group of folks!  :)  Wash

Wow sweet deal. Thx much man. Ill have to spread the word to my shooter friends back home.

Honestly Im not too sure if this is the right place for this or not but here goes..

If any south Texas folks (San Antonio/Houston/Austin) are in need of a FFL for shipping Id suggest Stone Bender Guns www.stonebenderguns.com . I used him when I bought my POF.

If this is in the wrong spot or its a forbidden action please let me know.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I just moved back to Texas from Vermont and getting started in the 308+ arena. I'm in Arlington for now but looking for a place that I can shoot on. MikedaddyH build of his 300 wsm is what got me to this site. I was looking for info on a 375/300 wsm and found this site. Now I have a 300wsm upper and getting a CMMG lower.

I just moved back to Texas from Vermont and getting started in the 308+ arena. I'm in Arlington for now but looking for a place that I can shoot on. MikedaddyH build of his 300 wsm is what got me to this site. I was looking for info on a 375/300 wsm and found this site. Now I have a 300wsm upper and getting a CMMG lower.

Welcome back to Texas  <thumbsup>

Welcome to the forum. You will learn a lot here and your wallet will get much smaller  :o

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm in El Paso, Far West Texas. Not in New Mexico or the PDRM. I shoot usually at Ft Bliss Rod and Gun Club. Sometimes I make the trip up to Capitan for their High Power matches. My High Power Matches occur on the second Sunday of each month at 830am or 9am starting time, Range 9 FBR&G. 200 and 300 walk and paste. Practice session there can go out to 600yds or switch to Range 5 and ring the gong at 1000yds.

Howdy from Plano. I have joined the new Frisco Gun Club. Pricey, but it is supposed to be state of art in indoor rifle and pistol. Opens in October. 

But I too would like to find an outdoor range or land where I could go and just shoot stuff. Paper targets get boring sometimes

Hi Kilt if you get bored..you can shoot tracers inside the new gunclub and burn it down...like over at Mockingbird.....lol :) Wash

Hey ya'll

I'm south of Houston nearly bordering  Brazos Bend State Park...I have the pleasure and good fortune to step out back and shoot on my own property since i am on acreage and directly behind my property is over 1000 acres of pasture...so I don't go to any range but my own, but I'm happy to join so many Texas 308 gunners.

Hey ya'll

I'm south of Houston nearly bordering  Brazos Bend State Park...I have the pleasure and good fortune to step out back and shoot on my own property since i am on acreage and directly behind my property is over 1000 acres of pasture...so I don't go to any range but my own, but I'm happy to join so many Texas 308 gunners.

Jealous to your 1k range!!

Welcome raf1866!!