Madhouse

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Hello,  welcome. I lived in Pampa over 15 years.  Was transferred to Woodward Ok in 1980. I belonged to the Pampa Rifle and Pistol Club and shot with several other clubs in Amarillo,Canadian and we had a competition shooting league. It has been several decades, but the Pampa club is still active. 

33 minutes ago, mrmackc said:

Hello,  welcome. I lived in Pampa over 15 years.  Was transferred to Woodward Ok in 1980. I belonged to the Pampa Rifle and Pistol Club and shot with several other clubs in Amarillo,Canadian and we had a competition shooting league. It has been several decades, but the Pampa club is still active. 

I know the area well I live in Randall county. and have a farm in Wheeler county so we drive through Pampa often.:thumbup:

I am just getting into shooting and haven't fired ant type of weapon since basic. LOL Now thats been a few years back. I have never had a need to own any type of gun/rifle until lately and thought I better get something before it's to late.

26 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

From the times I've been through there, it appears there is a lot more opportunity for longer distance shooting.

You got that right bud. 

Edited by DD_Raptor
spelling

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2011 at 7:10 PM, Madhouse said:

Ha, no, no sales pitch here.  I'm a member of a private club (Bayou Rifles).  We have two ranges, one is at Eldridge Parkway and I-10 and the other is down by 288 and the Beltway.  The one in Addicks Reservoir is pistol and rimfire rifle.  The one down south has shotgun, pistol and rifle ranges at 100, 200, 300, 600 and 1000 yards.  The one at Eldridge and I-10 is handy to the NW part of town and we have steel silhouettes for pistol bullseye or rimfire rifle and a few short-work pistol ranges, very nice to get away from the idiots of the general public.

It's $140 / year.  For me, it's like 5 miles away and worth every penny to be able to go whenever I want and have only other members shooting around me.

<thumbsup>

I'm new to this forum and just got around to checking this thread. You've peaked my interest too. Can you give me more info please?

• 2 weeks later...

It's all in the website for Bayou Rifles.  It's a closed membership, each year they have attrition and open it up for new members.  The past couple of years they've had about 120 openings, and they let just current members know when open enrollment is going onto the website.  It's usually filled inside of 10 or 15 minutes.

Great facilities!  If you can get in, it's worth the price of admission!

• 3 months later...
28 minutes ago, E.landrus said:

Has anybody ever shot at Rives Gun Range in Liberty Texas.  I live in Livingston and am thinking about going there next week to shoot

No but I'd like to go there if I can ever figure out where it is.