• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Copy and past

What browser are you using?  You should be able to, without issue.  I'll try it, hold on...

"Typed up, copied and pasted from Word into here, through the Firefox browser..."

Just used right click/copy, then right click/paste into here.

Edited by 98Z5V

Why I can't copy and past from my word to 308.com?

Wolf

I've had that problem before, and the problem is, rather unfortunately, what software companies call "intelligent" copy and paste. What that means is that, when you copy and paste, you are moving boatloads of HTML and other things that can totally trash your attempt at copy-paste. The software companies think you want to copy all the pretty and weird stuff from one place to another, even if it doesn't work.

So what you want to do is copy & paste into a hard text editor, which refuses cute special-effects crapola, and then, copy and paste from that text editor to the web page you're working on. I recommend TextMorph for this use, which is freeware. There are other good hard text editors out there. I've relied on TextMorph for over a decade for reliably "cleaning" text movements, and tried some others. 

TextMorph hides nicely on a corner of the screen where all I do is cut & paste, which is nice, and that's where I go when I move text from anywhere to anywhere else.

The copypasta is weak in you.

See that 2nd icon on the right in the first row of the reply window? Yes the one with the blue "W". Hover your mouse over it and it says "Paste from Word"

post-14035-0-26244200-1401422139.png

Problem solved.

post-14035-0-26244200-1401422139_thumb.p

Edited by shibiwan

He's trying to copy and paste from Word, man.  Not a webpage.

Details elude you at times, I can see that.

Word is nearly the same as a web page, depending on the formatting of the document you are pasting from. And it's really getting tiring hearing your personal accusations. Beat on someone else.

Word is nearly the same as a web page, depending on the formatting of the document you are pasting from. And it's really getting tiring hearing your personal accusations. Beat on someone else.

....you should leave it to the (ex) IT-professional (i.e. moi)  do the tech support.  <lmao>  <laughs>

I can also do it with an indian accent to make it seem more realistic.

So you can run around, not read details, say anything you want, provide inaccurate information then...

Everybody just has to let it go? 

Your 1st Amendment isn't any more important than my 1st Amendment.  Grow thick skin, or figure out what you're doing in the first place. 

Nothing I've said has been an accusation, either.  Get your terms right.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got off the phone HP Help.   The problem is on yals side.   I used to be able to copy and past.   Then it quit working.   The word icon in the top of the reply page.   So what did 308.com do?

Wolf  

Wolfgang, 

Try pasting the text into NotePad or similar program -- and then copying from that program back into the .308AR reply block. I still think that there is so much formatting in the original MSWord file that the .308AR reply block simply throws up its hands. NotePad or a similar text editor should 'clean up' all the extra crapola and deliver pure words.