• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Best Buttstock for Butt Stroking????

jtallen83

Is there a better stock for butt-stroking than the regular A-2? I recall all the abuse I handed out to my M-16 so I trust it to give a good blow. Has there been any advances in the field that would make any real difference? I'm thinking about a carbine but haven't handled a stock on one that I feel I could really bash something with.

aside from being the awesomest thread title ever...from several different angles...

I think my UBR would be a pretty effective maiming device. you can even add the metal strike plate to maximize results. it blew every other stock out of the water in the drop test. nothing else was even close. it's got some heft to it, and a steel rail all the way down the middle.

Edited by blue109

Ever since the Troy Battle Axe came out, I've wanted to smash someone in the head with it to test it out. 

It's ugly, but I bet you could really crush someone with it.

That's another alternative. 

Thanks guys, I knew I could get some good butt-stroking info here, now I know where to focus my attention.  <thumbsup>

I expected more off color comments ???  ???  ??? I'm torn between being proud of your will power and disappointed in not being thrashed for such a softball pitch <dontknow>  <laughs>  <lmao>

Upon looking at the buttstock on my DPMS LR-308, I have to wonder about the strength of how the buttstock is attached to the lower receiver.

Seems to me that no matter how strong your buttstock might be, you'd do irreversible damage to the receiver where it joins the buttstock, when swinging it against, i.e., heads.

Any historians here? Was the original AR-15 battle rifle designed for double duty as a club? Earlier military rifles were.

I got a Rodgers super stock that seem pretty solid,I also use MagPul and RRA. But the best basher in the world is my M1 Garand,if I add my 1942 bayonet then both ends are equally effective. <thumbsup>

Hard to disagree with this butt stroking info!

I'd add anything with a non-protruding pistol grip like an AR or AK, but something along the Garand, M14, shotgun-style butts...minimal hand movement required, only a shift of the trigger finger.

Rene, with that M590 I'm surprised you didn't mention that...WITH the bayonet! Yeah baby!

when I do some butt stroking, I like it to be a surprise. I don't like to announce my intentions. (easier to get forgiveness than permission) and you can always say it was an accident. for this reason I require maximum stiffness right from the go. if you go for it, and your tool collapses a little bit, the victim has a chance to escape, and a second strike is unlikely. you really need that sniper one shot mentality for an effective butt stroke.

Go to Basic Training, and you'll get more than you ever wanted to know.  You don't swing it like a club.

Amen! I heard a personal recollection about this from a Vietnam Vet, he recounts his opponents lower jaw was crushed while his M-16 came out unscathed.

Stroke, not swing!

when I do some butt stroking, I like it to be a surprise. I don't like to announce my intentions. (easier to get forgiveness than permission) and you can always say it was an accident. for this reason I require maximum stiffness right from the go. if you go for it, and your tool collapses a little bit, the victim has a chance to escape, and a second strike is unlikely. you really need that sniper one shot mentality for an effective butt stroke.

<laughs> More of what I had expected! <lmao>

There's a few of us here that know the true form of bayonet fighting. Nothing beats the buttstroke/slash of a good rifle!

Been there, done that.... a little too much.  Either way, people got hurt, nobody was happy.

....and for the rest of you perverts....  <laughs>  <lmao>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQF4fFiWf2Y

Edited by shibiwan

Hard to disagree with this butt stroking info!

I'd add anything with a non-protruding pistol grip like an AR or AK, but something along the Garand, M14, shotgun-style butts...minimal hand movement required, only a shift of the trigger finger.

Rene, with that M590 I'm surprised you didn't mention that...WITH the bayonet! Yeah baby!

You'r right about that 590A,you could drive a tank over that shotty.But I still think the Garand,1903 and M14/M1A are the kings.Head crushers and door busters.Just my 2 mags.

Due to the secondary lock, I wouldn't use anything other than a Magpul stock. Preferably the CTR or ACS-L for collapsing stocks... The PRS would be a great finisher.

You aren't kidding, the PRS is a weapon unto itself.... I don't trust mine at all until it's had at least 6 beers, and even then you can't turn your back on it!

• 2 weeks later...

The stocks on a lot of .22 squirrel guns can be pretty 'assaultive'.

Gunman Knocks Out Hotel Clerk During Robbery In Hershey - CBS Philly - June 29, 2014
http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2014/06/29/gunman-knocks-out-hotel-clerk-during-robbery-in-hershey/

Police are searching for a gunman who reportedly knocked out a central Pennsylvania hotel clerk with the butt end of an assault rifle during a robbery.

Police say the suspect stole about $200 plus tickets to Hersheypark, a nearby amusement park, before fleeing.