• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Best Buttstock for Butt Stroking????

jtallen83

I recant my last submission...

I got to looking into my "box-o-shiit" and found an old Colt CAR stock.... not the cheapo plastic one, but the all metal version.

When you have to crush the skull of a disorderly insurrectionist, accept no substitute.

With the current high costs of ammunition, skull splitting has become a viable alternative.

And it's good exercise too.

• 3 months later...

I recant my last submission...

I got to looking into my "box-o-shiit" and found an old Colt CAR stock.... not the cheapo plastic one, but the all metal version.

When you have to crush the skull of a disorderly insurrectionist, accept no substitute.

On the only occasion I ever had to apply a butt stroke, my weapon of choice was a Mossberg M500 12 ga pump gun since it was what I had on had at the critical moment.  I'm happy to say that I'm still around and, after a few days of touch & go in the hospital nursing a fractured skull, the perp survived to go to jail - which he wouldn't have had I been forced to use the muzzle end to stop him.  Thanks to some excellent training using an M-14 'back in the day', that wasn't necessary.  The M-500 proved more than adequate at the time although, due to lack of first hand experience with other weapons, I guess I shouldn't say it's the 'best'.

While I hold fast that a fully loaded, +10 lbs AR, equipped with a solid aluminum stock would work best... The technology is still circa NAM-era.

I should point out that the Magpul UBR is a gawdam boat anchor, AND it was noted as having the best performance in the documented "drop test", AND it's the only stock I'm aware of that can be outfitted with a "Magpul Strike Plate".