• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

"The Rule" on new parts

98Z5V

Well, according to the rules...looks like you have to buy one now.

I'd like to seek clarification on "The Rule."

When someone asks "Have you guys tried xxx product?" we usually invoke "the rule."  No one has tried it, you brought it up, so you need to buy it, try it, and report back.  That part is simple, and examples are everywhere here.

However, if new products are announced, does that invoke "The Rule?"  I just let you guys know about two new products, and DNP pulled "The Rule" on me.  I wasn't asking if anybody had used them, how they worked, how does it hold up...  Just giving y'all more options. 

I fired up these things, right here - one I'm already planning on buying for a 300BLK build, the other, I'm not planing on buy yet.  If, at all.  However, just because I give y'all options, I don't think it should lump me into "the rule" for buying it. 

Feedback welcome.  :fawkdance:

Alright, you have a point. It's dead sexy, and I want one...but can't afford a build like that right now. So I was hoping we could pressure you into it.

However, by starting this thread...you seem to be looking for a reason to pick one up....we should apply steady pressure and see if that helps.

I would think that such a spectacular announcement of a new product would be placed in the "for sale" section, and be placed by the manufacturer or vendor.

We don't have every manufacturer here, so that will never happen.  It shouldn't be in the "For Sale" section anyway, because that's reserved for members of this board, selling their own items.

Good try, though. 

Well, sometimes we think too much.

Yes, "we" do. 

Siht I bought 2 pistols based off this forum although not the first poster I believe in rule 65.... What ever but if you post multiple I think one is enough!! Good stuff 98! Budget will get us all in the red with this band of enablers :)

First off, Rule 65b always applies.

Second, "The Rule" forced me to buy a $70 custom stainless steel bolt catch and a $1000 carbon fiber wrapped barrel. I may also owe my addiction to BattleComp to "The Rule" as well.

THE RULE

If you post, inquiring about a product, be it new or old, and no one responds with a review within 48 hours, you are hereby required to buy said product, and review that product, so that this rule doesn't apply to the next person with the same inquiry. "The Rule" shall not apply to the announcement of new or upcoming products, unless there is some context inquiring as to who will be the first to assume ownership of said product. At that point "The Rule" will once again apply to the poster, who will be obligated to be the first in the stated question.

While this shouldn't need to be stated... pictures are required, or that schit didn't happen.

If you post, inquiring about a product, be it new or old, and no one responds with a review within 48 hours, you are hereby required to buy said product, and review that product, so that this rule doesn't apply to the next person with the same inquiry. "The Rule" shall not apply to the announcement of new or upcoming products, unless there is some context inquiring as to who will be the first to assume ownership of said product. At that point "The Rule" will once again apply to the poster, who will be obligated to be the first in the stated question.

While this shouldn't need to be stated, pictures are required, or that s*** didn't happen.

"THE RULE" Ammended

Only after it backfired in your face !

And then you had a similar topic as tom's list.

I to have purchased a ton of poop that I should not have.

Just for the record, the "what need" list was started by others (just as Tom's was started).

And what backfired on me? I think that I've followed through with just about anything that I've thrown out that I was thinking about buying or building.

And who, of the regulars around here, hasn't bought a lot of $hit that they didn't even know that they wanted? Hmmmmmmm?

<lmao>