• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

MEGA Maten with Midwest Industries Handguard

dgtaurus

To be honest I really want the PRI Gen 3 handguard but its much more expensive. So my 2nd pic is the MI Keymod. The Apex handguard is also nice.

stay away from PRI. they tend to multiply. it took me a year to justify buying one, and only took a few months after that to get 2 more.

stay away from PRI. they tend to multiply. it took me a year to justify buying one, and only took a few months after that to get 2 more.

Theyre both really nice handguards but im already over 2 grand deep into this project and the PRI is 500 with the top rail (which is a must in my opinion). Im assuming the Midwest is also a little bit lighter which is nice. Maybe ill use the PRI on another project.

I just got a 18' rifle gas CHF barrel w/M I SSK 15" rail in 5.56. the O.D. is about 1.5".Came w/a 2" rail.If this comes in a .308 version it's a homerun.Also added was a Tac-ops CH.

I just ordered an upper from PSA a few months back during the Easter sale with pretty much those same specs.  I love the midwest key mod rail, ultralite and would love a 308 version for my armalite!

• 2 weeks later...

Not a bad looking rail dude. Same Allen screw type of attachment to the barrel nut as some Troy rails from what I can see. Does it have the same kind of "don't over tighten them" as the Troy's have? I would guess it does. Still a good looking rail either way.

Nice.