• Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

At Colorado burger joint, waitresses pack heat

Right on - I like this place. 

At Colorado burger joint, waitresses pack heat  

Published July 02, 2014

shootersgirls.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

At Shooters Grill, in Rifle, Colo., the waitresses take orders and pack heat.

It's called Shooters Grill and it is located in Rifle, Colo., so naturally, the waitresses pack heat.

The burger joint, about 180 miles west of Denver, embraces the firearms theme with menu items like the "M16 burrito," "Smith & Wesson Grilled Cheese" and "Locked and Loaded Nachos." The salt and pepper shakers are made from shotgun shells. But the biggest Second Amendment statement is in the guns waitresses carry, including the Rueger Blackhawk .357 Ashlee Saenz sports.

Owner Lauren Boebert, 27, started the trend when she began carrying a pistol shortly after opening the restaurant a year ago.

"I started open-carrying maybe a month after we opened just because I am a woman in business and I was there early hours and late nights," Boebert said. "There was a man beaten to death in the alley behind my restaurant last year. It was very unfortunate."

The accessorizing caught on with the staff. But even though carrying a gun openly is legal in Colorado, Boebert nonetheless makes staffers who want to pack take an extra safety course.

Customers don't feel threatened by their servers carrying guns, she said.

"No one has ever turned around and walked out because they saw a gun," Boebert said. "They might have left because it was too crowded, praise the Lord. But not over the guns."

Chef Matt Archambault said word of the gun-toting wait staff has brought in new customers in recent months, but it is the half-pound burgers that keep people coming back.

“Burgers are a staple of the restaurant," he told FoxNews.com. “It’s pretty much an all-American place. We love anyone who wants to come in.”

And Archambault does not carry a gun back in the kitchen.

"We have knives and spatulas," he laughed. "That's how I roll."

This setup is ripe for marketing, like getting 'em all to carry Glocks.

You are silly for thinking that. My $0.02 on your matter.

Maybe I'm being judgemental. I don't think so, though.

Edited by Matt.Cross

You are silly for thinking that. My $0.02 on your matter.

Maybe I'm being judgemental. I don't think so, though.

You are not going to entice me into saying something back in anger. I have the impression that this forum has higher standards.

Edited by Matt.Cross

I think it's cool that they are able to carry, I live in the commiecalifornia and we lost that right to open carry, but it's what you except to come from here, it's looking like Obyo is wanting more executive power moves,

If only he would stay out golfing, I wonder if he is better at that than be a leader. Oh yes ? How long would our liberal commies last without the right protecting them. Bible in one hand and sword in the other!

^+1 welcome from Wa. I'm guessing he looses at golf and imposes his executive orders for his lib golf buddie to cover his over gouging debt on the course and we are the sore looser! I suck at golf but my wicked slice could take a bystanders head off! Hey obone lets go golf stand on my right side? Nope I'm a lefty he says. ;)