• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Odd barrel end

I'll vouch for the coyotes, you can kill a dozen and they'll still get that newborn calf...........

but that's all the vouching I can do here, maybe Gibbs can have his "photography associate" document a group for you 98????

I've got some family in north central Nebraska, those sandhills are lonely country...............

Hard to see the bastards around here with all the trees and brush and such. Miss the openess of Nebr.   What got the chickens mostly was either raccoons or possums and probably both.  Last chicken killed was when we got home from town and noticed feathers inside the fenced chicken coop and found a small gap under the fence by the pine tree.  Then, the trail led to a little hole that was under the quonset.  Not much but a possum could have gotten under there, but the chicken's head was chewed mostly off.. and that ended the keeping of chickens.  We didn't have a lot anyway as we gave away about 12 or so to a friend of mine at work, and kept 2 for ourselves.  You can get overloaded with eggs pretty quick.

Been around a lot in the sandhills of Nebraska.  Thedford, Mullen, Hyannis.  You can drive for miles on some of those rural roads and never see a house 1 near the road, just a mail box and a dirt trail that leads a few miles back to the homstead there.  Killing the coyote was a lkucky shot as he was stopped to take a poop and I shot and he started spinning around.  Must have hit him in the ass and he was trying to figure out what was burnin his ass.  Second shot I just shot "at" him and he disappeared from the view of the scope.  Second shot connected in the ribs and that was the end.  We hear a lot of coyotes around here in the evening, and we have a neighbor that likes to hunt them with calls and uses a shotgun.  I've never been able to call a coyote even once. 

Gibbs, I noticed in your "online timeline" that you turned into "Gibbs" not long after your Amazon review of one of the NCIS offerings on Amazon.  You actually made that review as "Frost."

What's the significance of "Frost?"

In high school, and after I wrote some poetry, and my favorite poet was Robert Frost.  I had the nickname on amazon.com as Frost quite some time before my wife got me interested in the NCIS TV program that had Leroy Jethro Gibbs as the main character.  It was just a name to use and remember at the time.  I have a few avatars I have used and the one I have now is called the "Deathly Hallows" emblem from the movie series (and book) of Harry Potter.  The triangle represent the "cloak of invisibilithy"  the round circle in the triangle represents the "resurrection stone", and the vertical line up the center represents the "elder wand".  It was a symbol that came out in the last 2 movies and was one I found intriguing.  Harry had, at one time, both the cloak of invisibility and the resurrection stone, but Voldemort, the leader of the Death Eaters had the Elder Wand.  It was quite an intriquing series of movies, starting out pretty innocent with the first movie and each successive movie seemed to get a bit darker, until the last of the series which was very dark.

Edited by Gibbs