• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

which one to get

rcnut

I found a local gun store that has an Armalite AR10 and a Bushmaster 308 on the shelf, both were $1350 the visual difference was the bushmaster had a FF front guard and a different looking stock than the normal collapsible type. it was solid, straight, with what looked like an adjustable butt plate. both had low profile gas blocks, and NO sights. of the two which one is the better buy? and better rifle over all?

thanks 

Didn't by chance write down the model numbers? Then we could compare apples to apples. Sounds like the Bushmaster had a magpul or Ergo style stock. I shoot Armalite myself and am partial to them, but if the Bushmaster had extras on it it might be a good deal.

Must not be to despret to get the 308 if they were on the shelf and I had the $ I might have asked the guy selling his opinion if he's a good sales men you would have the one you needed! So I would wait till your ready to drop coin like drool on the window till they open ready! ;)

Agreed you pretty much gave a pretty ball park discription of two rifles they make in many models with 100's of interchangeable parts. Get model numbers part manufactures, report back, look up those parts get an idea of which maybe better, ask the gun pushers maybe he's got an idea maybe he don't.

also what are you using it for? Will it fit your needs? That's how I'd go about it anyways.

Good luck

Just my opinion brother,but it would be the Armalite between the two.

Same here, but that is just me and I have never had any 308 but Armalite. Couldn't tell you a thing about Bushmaster from personal experience, either good or bad. Can say I have over 1000 rounds in two AR10's without one FTF or FTE, or any problem of any sort.

Just my opinion brother,but it would be the Armalite between the two.

I knew that you'd eventually come to my side brother. And not just the drunken side. <laughs>

Dude!  Rene!! Edit that out before R2 sees it...you'll never, NEVER hear the end of it!

Too late. He's finally come out of the closet.

Hmm....maybe I should re-word that a little. <lmao>

Well, I've seen Rene's follicle issue......so I guess that I'll have to be Sharpton (with the crazy hair). I can try and let it grow out for a photo op. But Rene ain't gonna like wearin heels as the Islamic chic. <lmao> Plus, they don't come in his size. Unless he goes to the cross-dresser shop to get them <lmao>

Don't worry Rene. We'll still drink em under the table...........with the crazy hair and the heels. <laughs>