• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Hello from Alabama

Grey Wolf

Hello,

Found the forum looking for info on .308 AR's.

I don't have one now but I'm not a  stranger to the .308-/7.62.

When Money becomes available I'll have one. I like the LMT MWS but that's champagne and I'm on a water budget at this time.

Former Military, married.

Love hiking, camping, hunting ( All things firearms), Military History, e.t.c....

Edited by Grey Wolf

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I should have said in my post that I do own two .308's now. Just not one in AR configuration.

The first one in a M1A that I bought in the 80's from a local gun shop near Ft. Rucker. After it arrived we built the rifle to M21 spces.

I'm old school and love this rifle but I also know what it takes to keep it running right. That's why I'm looking at the AR platform. I'm old school but have a open mind.

The other .308 is a Savage Model 112. It's a shooter.

I have two AR's in 5.56, one a A2 and the other the M4 type.

When I first joined the Army I was issued the M16A1 and later the CAR16 the for runner to the M4. I could make 'em run but the matatince was high and the magazines were bad. I hated this platform.

Many years later (around 07) I decided to buy a Bushmaster A2 model because the availability of uppers that could be switched out for 6.5 Grendel and 6.8 SPC. But I found the Bushmaster to not have any problems in reliability department and believe me I tried it. I even fired 200 rounds of Wolf through it with a couple of GI magazines that I had left over from the old days. I was impressed to say the least.

Life intrudes in the plans of mice and men so I haven't had the chance to buy a Grendel upper yet. I bought the Carbine also in 5.56 for lighter carry. I've stuck with the 5.56 and 7.62 because of the availability and military use. I know these rounds.

Before I branch off into a harder to find caliber I'm gonna find away for the .308AR. I found this site by accident and liked the looks of it.

I'll post when I can help but I read more than I post.

Again thanks for the welcome.

Welcome from Indiana brother and THANK YOU for you'r service <thumbsup> .Rock River 20" HBAR Standard Operator w/ all the ambi extras and SSA-E trigger.AR 15's 14.5" w/ ACT trigger Lancer lower flared mag well,16" w/ACT trigger,18" w/ SSA trigger,and 20" White Oak match upper w/ SSA trigger. :))

Welcome from Indiana brother and THANK YOU for you'r service <thumbsup> .Rock River 20" HBAR Standard Operator w/ all the ambi extras and SSA-E trigger.AR 15's 14.5" w/ ACT trigger Lancer lower flared mag well,16" w/ACT trigger,18" w/ SSA trigger,and 20" White Oak match upper w/ SSA trigger. :))

Thanks for the welcome. That sounds like a sweet setup.