• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 6:54 AM, SgtB said:

I am south suburbs of Chicago.  

Welcome from Indiana Sgt.B and THANK YOU  for your service. I was from the southeast side of Chicago [south Chicago] then we made the move about 30 yrs. ago. Still work in Ill. Cook and Lake counties are my jurisdiction.

6 hours ago, Birdinhand75 said:

Hey guys. New here. Hope everyone had a great year. Looking forward to this forum a bunch. Im a fast learner and pretty new to the .308 

Ive had my 5.56 a while and figured it was time to step it up a notch. 

Thanks. 

Welcome from Indiana brother.

• 2 months later...

Hi all, my name is Lee and I live in Odessa, Tx.

I have been lurking here for several years, but just never got around to registering until now, I build Jeeps and firearms as a hobby. I've built numerous AK's and roughly 30 AR's through the years in various configurations and calibers. I'm currently finishing up my first LR308, I've built one AR10, but this is my first DPMS pattern rifle.

• 5 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Just checking in for the first time after making an account. Thanks for this Forum, I need it to become better educated. Now off to the races! Need to resolve a couple issues with my current build. Thanks again!

Welcome feel free to tell us about yourself intge intro section

• 6 months later...
30 minutes ago, E.landrus said:

Just joined the group and just bought my first ar witch just happens to be a ar10. I didn’t want a ar15, everyone had one of those. I’ve shot about 80 rounds threw it so far and it’s great. I do wish 308 rounds was a little cheaper though. But it’s all good.

Welcome to the forum feel free to tell us about the intro section.

i did the same way I “wanted to justify my purchase” then my pocket said f that and I bought a .556 then I built a x39 and got a .45 in the works moral of the story work all the ot you can Cuz it’s a sickness and we’llhelp you spend

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, greg1147 said:

Here from Virginia, formerly the republik of massachusetts,  Building my  first AR 10 but not my first AR platform rifle. Going with a 6.5 CM and probably a 7.62 barrel.  I have a lot of build questions, good to be here.

Welcome from Gulf Coast Texas.  Enjoy your time here.  Huge wealth of knowledge here with all the members.

• 4 weeks later...

I almost gave up on joining. I was having problems registering so I scraped the idea for the night till I saw bfoosh was a member on another site I belong to. Asked him for a hand and he got the ball rolling. SO here I r :)

My reason for joining is the progression from 5.56 to 7.62 in a semi + Lots of troubleshooting tips and people with a sense of humor. 

My name is Drew and I am in my early thirties. I am a school teacher, enjoy hockey,  and outdoor adventures such as hiking, paddle boarding, boating, hunting when my wife doesn't know, and shooting. I have several pistols, an AR-15,  shotguns ,and I just picked up a that was built in 2007 but looks like a safe queen. It is a DPMS LR-308 with Timney Triggers AR-10 Competition Trigger. I added a budget scope for now a  Center Point 4-16x40mm. I sited it in at 50 and 100 yards. It held the zero after twenty rounds. That is all I could afford to shoot for now :) I am new to the 308 platform and will welcome any advice.

47 minutes ago, thegreatoutlaw said:

My name is Drew and I am in my early thirties. I am a school teacher, enjoy hockey,  and outdoor adventures such as hiking, paddle boarding, boating, hunting when my wife doesn't know, and shooting. I have several pistols, an AR-15,  shotguns ,and I just picked up a that was built in 2007 but looks like a safe queen. It is a DPMS LR-308 with Timney Triggers AR-10 Competition Trigger. I added a budget scope for now a  Center Point 4-16x40mm. I sited it in at 50 and 100 yards. It held the zero after twenty rounds. That is all I could afford to shoot for now :) I am new to the 308 platform and will welcome any advice.

Welcome again drew!

I took her shooting today. It was only range and it was 50 yards outside range open near me.

Top is before my budget center point scope is sited in and back up sights. Bottom is once scope is sited in and back up sights. It was used 10 year old gun but was a safe queen. The timney trigger sure pulls nice compared to my stock AR-15. First time shooting an ar-10 well technically a LR308. The recoil was not that bad. I expected it to be more compared to my AR15 STAG ARMS.

20180508_150538.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

New to the forum, new to the .308, lot's of time on the AR platform, lot's of mods to existing AR-15 which made it easy to pickup the .308 AR. Have a DPMS Gen 2, owned it less than a year and so far I like it except for the flash hinder and quad rail. I went with the Recon since I needed to mount lights and IR for night hunting hogs. Hoping to learn what really fits on them. Planning on replacing the flash hinder with a BCM comp and  replacing the hand guard with one from Samson.