• Visit Sportsmans Guide

What did you buy today?!

Cali_Ed

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, Sharkey said:

Bought a new "Decked System" for my Dodge.  Been eyeballing it for a long time and finally went for it today.  I've also got side bin boxes on my truck and I think they'll sit real nice with just a little shimming.

http://shop.decked.com/product-p/dr3.htm

I've been eyeing that would be nice to park my quad on top and ice fishing supplies below

I was on the fence about it for quite a while since I'll probably be trading my truck again within the next year or two but as long as you buy a truck with the same sized bed, even if you buy a different brand, all you have to change is the deck itself for about 3 bills and 20 bucks in hardware depending on the model.

I spoke with a rep directly and when she told me that, I thought about it for a LITTLE longer and hit the button.

Great thing for back and forth to the range so I can keep stuff out of the cab and the back seat.  Makes for a more "user friendly" kinda thing.

I'll be happy to let you know what I think when I get it if you're interested in hearing it.

4 hours ago, shepp said:

I've been eyeing that would be nice to park my quad on top and ice fishing supplies below

Shepp you got a screwgun and skills bro.. Give you some wood and build it! Save some $ spray on bed liner done! 

My boss has a bed box that cost him 3k and i have all his tools! It didnt hold up against a semi rearender almost 1k to repair.. Just a thought bro!

Just now, sketch said:

Shepp you got a screwgun and skills bro.. Give you some wood and build it! Save some $ spray on bed liner done! 

My boss has a bed box that cost him 3k and i have all his tools! It didnt hold up against a semi rearender almost 1k to repair.. Just a thought bro!

If I went that route it would be steal plate. Actually I want a small aluminum trailer just big enough to fit my quad, then I can off load it and pull it behind the quad with hunting/fishing gear on it

Happened to be passing by a Bass Pro Shops today on the way home from the inlaws. Picked up a couple boxes of Hornady 325gr FTX for the 45-70 and 2 pounds of powder. Got the Hogdon Levereveloution and IMR 4198. 

Edited by DNP

Picked up a new Palmeto State Armory 5.56 premium full auto BCG at the local gunshow for $95/no tax. Sure hope a "full auto" BCG works in a "semi auto" build! It was just sitting there on a vendor's table unwrapped & unmarked & I didn't check the PSA specs until I got back home to get online. I usually don't buy stuff at the start of gunshows but the BCG was the only one in the building so I wanted to grab it before someone else did.

FrankH252, Unforgiven is right - no problem using the M16/full auto carrier in a semiauto AR. I always go that route for the extra ounce in the recoil drive train. Even BATFE says it's ok, hardly any chance the weapon can go full auto with that carrier.

Good price, too. The premium PSA BCG is good to go.

Well you done good this time! I have two PSA M16 BCGs in two PSA uppers and all's good. I have a BCM and a Daniel Defense BCG as well and sure paid a bit more for them. Sure they're better and staked a little better but the Premium PSA stuff is plenty good.

The wife and I were walking through one of my LGS' s that I like, and I kiddingly handed her an APF AR15 carbine off the rack while saying "you need one of these".   She replied with a question about how much did I think her Mini14 would be worth on trade, and a short time later......

She is the proud owner of an APF Econo Carbine with the Nikon P223 scope package on it.

http://www.apfarmory.com/econo-carbine-with-nikon/

She ran the deal with having to only pay $235 difference.....I think I am going to have to get her to make my deals for me in the future.

On March 29, 2016 at 7:13 PM, shepp said:

Si defense bolt catch, bolt catch plunger (wasn't sure if I needed that cuz I don't see it on my other rifles but I got one) and KNS anti rotate pins from primary arms

Was suppose to be here Friday for some reason it's still sitting in St. Paul, idk why the hell it went from Houston to St. Paul, it went right past me?!

1 hour ago, shepp said:

Was suppose to be here Friday for some reason it's still sitting in St. Paul, idk why the hell it went from Houston to St. Paul, it went right past me?!

My next-door neighbor & I once got a kick out of mailing letters to each other and then joking about the USPS sending the letters 150 miles away to Dallas just to turn around and carry them back. No wonder they're losing money lol

11 hours ago, bubbas4570 said:

The wife and I were walking through one of my LGS' s that I like, and I kiddingly handed her an APF AR15 carbine off the rack while saying "you need one of these".   She replied with a question about how much did I think her Mini14 would be worth on trade, and a short time later......

She is the proud owner of an APF Econo Carbine with the Nikon P223 scope package on it.

http://www.apfarmory.com/econo-carbine-with-nikon/

She ran the deal with having to only pay $235 difference.....I think I am going to have to get her to make my deals for me in the future.

Damn good deal brother.I like the way she rolls. :)

Yes, she is a keeper. 

And she does strike a much harder deal than I do. 

As far as keeping the Mini, I cannot tell you the last time she shot it....but putting rounds through the AR only took until the next day for her.  I think a good choice for carbine swap also.

• shepp unpinned this topic