• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What did you buy today?!

Cali_Ed

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(For my ar-puke 223/556 but like to have options build) Since Saturday's gunshow and today's mail delivery I picked up a PSA BCG, 500 rounds of Independence 5.56 ammo (the stuff made by IMI in Israel) and got my Faxon 16" 5.56 all in hand. Still need to figure out what buffer tube & spring is best, prolly a Tubbs spring but gotta look into the buffer length & weight thing. It's a mid-length gas system so I'm thinking carbine setup? Putting in website pics because I haven't gotten my camera to them yet.

PSA BCG 5.56.jpg

Independence 5.56.jpg

Faxon_16_556_ar_15_4150_black_qpq_govtsocom_mid_gas_.jpg

Edited by Frankh252
Spelled BCG wrong <doh!>

Doc Holiday(Val Kilmer in Tombstone) Wanted a S and W Model 29, but they have gone through the roof. Found this lightly used and traded  a safe queen for it. Last time I was in the alders in Alaska, told myself if I ever went back I would get something like this. Now I got an excuse to go back to Alaska.

36 minutes ago, Sisco said:

Doc Holiday(Val Kilmer in Tombstone) Wanted a S and W Model 29, but they have gone through the roof. Found this lightly used and traded  a safe queen for it. Last time I was in the alders in Alaska, told myself if I ever went back I would get something like this. Now I got an excuse to go back to Alaska.

You going polar bear hunting? 

Naw, salmon fishing. Wanted something compact and light enough I could carry it fishing all day, yet had some ooomph to to it. One of us usually is tasked with lugging a 12 guage with high performance slugs, but you don't always fish right next to each other, and if it is 100 yards away in those alder thickets up there it doesn't do much good.

9 hours ago, 82HALO said:

Love those S&W 44's! Grew up watching the dirty harry movies! Still have a model 29, 6" and model629 4", both Magna ported! Used to have 4, but sold 2! Would love on of those 50's, but to rich for my blood now!

Like them too. Have a N frame model 28 357, but the 29's are just too expensive right now. How do you like the 629 as compared to the classic 29? Those are quite a bit cheaper.

• 1 month later...

My wife wanted a gun that could she could keep on her mom's side of the house since she spends most of her time there.  She wanted something that could be hidden or put out of sight easily.  She did not want another 12G (in our bedroom) since her mom is afraid of guns.  This is what we agreed on and it followed me home from the gun show today. 

I considered a Judge, but the fit and finish is so much better on this one.  It is definitely worth the extra money.

20160515_145727.jpg

20160515_145428.jpg

6 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

My wife wanted a gun that could she could keep on her mom's side of the house since she spends most of her time there.  She wanted something that could be hidden or put out of sight easily.  She did not want another 12G (in our bedroom) since her mom is afraid of guns.  This is what we agreed on and it followed me home from the gun show today. 

I considered a Judge, but the fit and finish is so much better on this one.  It is definitely worth the extra money.

20160515_145727.jpg

20160515_145428.jpg

I'll have one of these some day!

• shepp unpinned this topic