• Armalite
    • Jard
    • JP
    • Timney

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rock River NM....would like to have a Geiselle for comparison...they have so many to choose from though don't know which one to choose

Never, ever used the RRA NM trigger - is it a 2 stage?  If so, then match that up for a baseline comparison against the Geissele SSA.  That will be the cheapest way to compare it to one of the G triggers - that's about the least expensive one out there, and it's a good one.

Never, ever used the RRA NM trigger - is it a 2 stage?  If so, then match that up for a baseline comparison against the Geissele SSA.  That will be the cheapest way to compare it to one of the G triggers - that's about the least expensive one out there, and it's a good one.

Actually, the Geissele S2S is supposed to directly compete with the RRA NM 2-stage trigger and it is comparably priced.  On an AR-15, I've been able to compare a tuned RRA NM vs. a Geissele SSA and I liked the RRA a bit better.  The tuned RRA felt smoother.  I'm not sure about the durability though as the Geissele is said to use better materials.

• 4 months later...

+1 for the jard. I was getting double taps in my ar15 untill I intentionally gave it a little creep and opted for a 3lb spring from the 1.5(will take the creep back out soon). No complaints other than it is a little time consuming adjusting everythin just how you like it, which is no big deal if you are a tinkerer like me. Been contemplating the RRA NM 2 stage for my MA-TEN build, What are the advantages of a 2 stage over a single stage trigger?

A two-stage trigger allows for a lighter trigger pull to fire the rifle without sacrificing the safety of a heavier trigger. Since less force is needed to actuallly fire the rifle, it minimizes the effect of a push or pull on the trigger by the shooter when he breaks the shot.

• 4 months later...

I resently finished my first AR build, all considered I REALLY like it. OK so it's an AR15, but hey it's the first. To get to the trigger topic: my first trigger I installed was the ATC Gold trigger. The drop in - dropped in for the fitting and function check, worked perfectly. Then the addition of the saftey, all went well and the safety locked the trigger solid. Very pleased. Then released the safety to check the trigger and it would not move to the fire position. Removed the trigger again, started all over again, did all the checks again, it all went the same way. Next day the conversation with the tech at Brownells, it completely stumped him, trigger went back. Now have a JP trigger and I love this piece, I have another JP trigger for the 308 build.

• 2 years later...

I installed a JARD in one of my DPMS built R25s. The instruction were not much help, and on the R25, I had to grind a teensy bit off the tip of the trigger to clear the fixed trigger guard.

Once I got the Jard installed, it freaked me out. 1.5 lbs is just too light for me, especially if you shoot several other rifles before hand, with conventional 4 lb or more trigger weights.

My Jard came with extra springs, but even at the maximum pull weight of 2.5 lbs, I still got too many "#÷=_ SURPRISE" shots. So I sold that R25 to a much more experienced shooter who could appreciate the JARD, and who wanted to get into shooting a .308 AR.

I also experimented with the RRA match triggers ( two different triggers in three different R25s). I got bolt carrier drag in every case. The RRA match triggers worked nicely in all of my AR 15 builds, and I would really like to use an RRA trigger in my LR308B, but need some hints as to if the RRA can be modified to work with the LR308B.

I also used an Armalite match trigger in one of my R25s, but the Armalite triggers are much harder to source up here in Canuckistan, and much more expensive. And the Armalite did not feel as crisp as the RRA.

I am making do right now with the factory parts in my LR308B, which were already polished up nicer than most factory AR triggers ... perhaps even a bit too deep already. I noticed significant wear burnishing after only a few rounds fired. I stoned a bit more into a nice light trigger, with the previously bumpy creep now smoothed into what feels ALMOST like a two stage. But since I can see wear on the surfaces already, after only 60 rds, I don't think this will last.

Any advice on using or modifying the RRA match trigger for use in a DPMS LR308B??

Any advice on using or modifying the RRA match trigger for use in a DPMS LR308B??

Nope, get rid of it.  Over the long term, if won't be reliable, and will soften up into a mush single stage.  Vast accounts of this reported all across the www. Thought you would have know that already.

Nope, get rid of it.  Over the long term, if won't be reliable, and will soften up into a mush single stage.  Vast accounts of this reported all across the www. Thought you would have know that already.

Yup. A RRA match trigger failed in the last carbine course I was at this past month. Wasn't that old either. The lower was deadlined because of it.

Had an old style rra. The top of the hammer would bind on the carrier. It ended up turning into a cruddy single stage.

RRA took it back and replaced it with a newer NM trigger. It wouldnt Work in my FAR 308, or two of my 5.56 lowers. They said it might be interference with non spec selector levers but u could send it back. I removed the selectors from all 3 lowers. Still didnt Work in the 308. (wouldnt release hammer) and worked with about a 20lb trigger pull in the 5.56 lowers.

3Rd trigger showed up. Still doesnt Work in the 308. I think the tail is too fat, or the front is hitting the pocket. It does Work in the 5.56 lower, but feels the exact same as my milspec trigger. It said 2 stage on the bag...but there is no "shelf" to indicate a second stage like other 2 stages ive used (to include the original first gen RRA). i dont really care at this point. I left it in one of the 5.56 guns and maybe something will change after some use.

Either way, im not sending it back, or ever trying another one. Not worth the irritation. Others have been happy with them.

Edited by blue109

No one wants to bring up the fact that this thread has been dead for [nearly] three years?

I'm over it - the guy is such a fuckhead that bringing up anything negative about him launches him into a tirade about a bunch of non-pertinent schit.  I just can't wait to see him get a foot shoved up his a$s and get indirect-fired the fuk outta here. 

• 3 months later...

I've got a Bushmaster Varminter, a S&W MP15, and an Armalite AR10T... all 3 had the stock 2 stage triggers in them when I got them, no longer, both of the 15's have Timney's in them and there's a Timney on the way here for the Armalite...

for an alleged target rifle the AR10 trigger just flat out sucked...  way to much travel and rough as a cob... I was able to shoot some decent groups with it, but it took all my concentration and will power to do it... I had a fellow from a lgs watching me shoot a group and even he remarked about how much travel that trigger had... if this 4# AR10 trigger operates as well as the other 2 for the AR15's I'll be extremely happy...

• 2 weeks later...

One suggestion ... might want to add POF.  I don't know if there are many folks using those in .308(s) but I know several folks that use them in AR15(s).

This is of course, if you don't want to start a new poll ... (???)

Edited by GRA

No sense really, in adding to this poll, since it was started on 11 Feb 2010.  Those were the triggers that were available then.  This thread died, and was brought back to life by unobservant posters.  Happens routinely. 

New triggers get reviews - when people pick up new triggers.  I think you just volunteered for the POF trigger reivew, though.

Edited by 98Z5V