• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

98Z's 9" 300BLK Pistol

98Z5V

Got most of the stuff in to assemble the 9" 300BLK pistol, so I tossed it together. 

Parts used:

Ares Armor 9" 300BLK bare upper receiver set (assembled upper, barrel, standard barrel nut, gas block, gas tube).

Midwest Industries 9" M-LOK handguard (MI SSM)

BADASS Ambi Safety

BAD ETP pin set

BCM Gunfighter CH (large latch)

The sights, BCG, muzzle device and pistol receiver extension are temporary, until those parts come in.  Gets shot Tuesday morning.

P1020733_zpsaopnu7ud.jpg

P1020734_zpsdtyp6rp5.jpg

P1020735_zps88kl4i7k.jpg

P1020736_zpsofztwgx8.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's the LAW?

Will DEFINITELY happen.  <thumbsup>

Nice.

You gonna put a pistol brace on it?

Already on the way.  KAK tube for it - picked up the whole package from them.  <thumbsup>

Gettin' painted, too.     .30 Caliber Truck Gun!!!  :hethan:

I'll get some better pics, specifically of that handguard.  I liked it when I shot it on beach's .308 G II - he has the Keymod version of it.  It's very, very slim, at 1.5" OD, and every surface portion of it is extremely smooth.  They rounded off all areas that could have been sharp edges.  Very comfy to hold.  <thumbsup>

So, just to get it together, I slapped that .30-cal Ruger muzzle device on there - had that thing left over from the GSR.  The real muzzle device wasn't in yet.  However, it is here today...

P1020737_zpsqogk0u4v.jpg

I went with the AAC Single Chamber Brake.  Might sound odd, but that was all planned out.  It only adds a little more than 1" to the barrel OAL, and I wanted to keep this thing short.  If it's going to be a truck gun, then it's a good thing it's not 37" long, OAL.  So, short was the key.  Also, using a brake might sound crazy - but I don't want the front of this thing moving under recoil.  Keep it flat, keep it on target.  I don't care how loud it might be - not if it ever gets used for it's intended purpose.  Loud = Don't Care. 

We'll see how loud it is in the morning...

P1020739_zpsloyn8ll2.jpg

P1020741_zpsky6fmn1z.jpg

P1020742_zpscbjgflua.jpg

P1020743_zpsyfmizlts.jpg

P1020744_zps3zg5u26t.jpg

Yep, I know.  I'm gonna run my hand all the way out at the end, just so I can show you a "burnt-hand pic."  <lmao>

300BLK loads with 150gr projos and 16.1gr of H110, moving at 1800fps - shouldn't be too bad.  Shouldn't be too much fireball and massive concussion.  If it is, I'll just load up some heavyass subs and run them in it.  I'll test some 220gr sub loads tomorrow, too.  <thumbsup>

Gas port diameter in this beast is 0.120".  9" barrel, pistol-length gas, 0.120" gas port.

Tested - functions flawlessly on 150gr supers and 220gr subs.  Hardly any big fireball from the brake - no fireball at all, actually.  It just does it's job.  Figured that was gonna happen, since it's not a big powder charge.  Started at 25 yards to see where the impacts were - about 2" low.  Right on at 50 yards, with minor tweaks to the iron sights. These sights were taken off a different rifle, just for use now, and I didn't think it was going to be that close.  Good surprise.

Now, it's coming apart and getting painted.  Right now.  <thumbsup>

Edited by 98Z5V

No magnesium handguard, you freak.  It's just aluminum.  Seems it's not warm enough to paint today - couldn't get a good pattern, and it was coming out thick.  We'll see what happens when it comes out of the oven...