• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Newbie from California

5150k9

Hello all, A lot of handgun experience due the my LE career, and have 2 Ar-15"s (1 for work 1 at home). recently had back surgery so I've been home on the mend. Wanted a long range rifle, so I searched the internet and decided to build a 308 AR. I built a Detroit Gun Works Lower, with a Timney 1 piece trigger. Luth AR sniper stock with buffer tube. The upper is a DPMS 18" bull barrel. I mounted a Nikon M 308 scope with the 1 piece 20 MOA mount. I also mounted a Harris Bi-Pod. Now I need to heal up and get to go out and zero this Bad Boy in. I read this sight religiously and learn a lot from you guys.

post-15979-0-31674500-1431491543_thumb.j

Welcome. Lots to read here while you heal up. Don't rush back in there too soon either... you don't owe anyone an early return. Take full advantage of your time to heal. You guys have it rough in the 209 (my inlaws are from Lodi).

I recently got to hang out with some badass mals at SHOT2015. Some former SF guys, now contractors, brought their mutts for some show and tell. I still have a great video on my phone, taken in the Encore tower suites, of a Mal doing bites in the living room. He hit the president of the Special Forces Foundation first, and then the President of OSS Suppressors next. I guess these guy make their money selling bite/EOD dogs to the Army and Navy.

My stupid dept retired it's shepherd (hip disp) and replaced it with an EOD black lab. It's worthless. No room for flea bags on my motor, so I could care less.

Be safe. Get healed.

From the 916

Lol, so true! He really is worthless.

Right!? (Farkle met our worthless mutt)

He spends more time at the groomer than he does on duty. He's NEVER even been on an EOD call out, because he's still too much "puppy".

I have much respect for K9's... the good ones. Some of my best "stories" include a furry torpedo launching from a patrol car at the end of a vehicle pursuit. Lol

Yup. First I thought, "Oh cool V- got the K9 spot!" and then I saw the dog and my thought changed to, "Damn, who did V- piss off to get the K9 spot?" lol.

That dog is not very obedient or well trained...

Edited by FaRKle!

Thanks Guys...   My Mal was a 82 lb bullet that would go thru fire to get the target. Sorry guys, I know this isn't a K9 blog but its nice to talk to guys who work with them too. I really look forward to get great advice from you guys.

This is a bullshitting forum. We just used 308ar.com because it sounded catchy. No one follows the rules here or ever stays on topic.

And if they ever TRY to follow the rules, they get warnings from THAT GUY...  ^^^  

<lmao>

Got an Ammo Question. What grain do you recommend for a 1-10 twist 18" bull barrel. I want a good long range ammo 500-700 yard shots. Ive got a 168 gr matched ammo for the zero at 100 yards

the same stuff you used for the 100 yard zero  :) Wash

Got an Ammo Question. What grain do you recommend for a 1-10 twist 18" bull barrel. I want a good long range ammo 500-700 yard shots. Ive got a 168 gr matched ammo for the zero at 100 yards

Start a thread with this question, instead of clogging up your intro thread.  More people read the tech questions, than the intros.