• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

308 Titanium carrier BCG

breastroker

Not sure as title states "Discuss non brand specific parts selection and details here" because everyone is naming names.

But right now there is only one company selling retail a titanium 308 carrier complete BCG.

JL Billet has the 11.90 ounce BCG for $396, over $80 less then the 308 JP LMOS BCG. I have only shot it twice this week, but ZERO problems. The company that makes this BCG produces 6,000 BCGs per week so they are a major producer of higher quality BCGs.

Biillet Titanium 308 Bolt Carrier Group with Black Nitride Bolt

Machined from 6AL-4V billet titanium to strict tolerances and PVD coated with Tribobond to increase surface hardness, ensure a long service life all while increasing lubricity.
Ionbond’s Tribobond™ 43 DLC, a-C:H, is one of the most well proven DLC coatings for tools, industrial and automotive components. It combines excellent running-in properties with a good wear resistance and low friction properties. Tribobond™ 43 DLC shows excellent performance on industrial components in aerospace, transmissions, wind energy and roller bearing applications.

Technical Specs

• 6AL-4V Titanium
  • Ionbond-Tribobond Coating
  • MPI 9310 Tool Steel Bolt
  • Black Nitride Coated Bolt
  • 4140 Machined Gas Key
  • Grade 8 Fastners
  • MADE IN THE USA

Photo is with a JP Enterprise titanium firing pin.

308TitianiumBCG11.80ozTiFP.jpg

Edited by breastroker

Oh come now , thats a whole two ounces heavier !    You also have an ordinary Cam Pin , not a roller Cam Pin , which has to add another gram or two  . Yes, I'm being sarcastic ?

Survival   there's prolly 29 grams of oil on the bcg...sooo ill weigh the paper towel before I wipe the oil then weigh the towel again to confirm....rolling on the floor    Wash

Wasguy, is that the bolt off the Nexgen? I haven't seen one before.

Kind of like comparing silver to gold. Heck why not mention your 16 ounce barrel to my 33.8 ounce barrel

I have to wonder how the snarky comments on this forum chase away new members. This forum is the worst I have come across. I have discovered dozens of other forums whit people who actually want to exchange real information.

Have you wondered WHY this forum has so little number of members?

Called him on some crap at 68 forum.....he threatened to send me home to momma with a beat down ROFL.........

I think he has some hurt feelings we didn't buy his bull over here. I'm gonna make it my civic duty to keep an eye on that guy..........

You do that...I cant...I wanna throw up when I see his content of posts....all he does is talk to himself and use that daaamn scale   Wash