• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Don't use masterlock's to secure your guns.

1980....my dragboat  had a masterlock on the trailer tongue.....we needed to hookup to the truck....didnt have my key for some reason...after all it was 1980 cant remember

my engine builder took a lil mallet and rapped the top of the lock...opened faster than a key....it aint a new deal........those abus/buffo round pads are easy to get into also if you know where to make the cut    Wash

If you think this abus disk lock is hard to get into....bout 2mins with a grinder if you know where to perform the surgery,and most crooks do.....also by looking at it one would think its hardened chrome....nope...pot metal under the chrome plating       Wash

diskuscat.jpg

This reminded me of a repair i did on a door.. Some how the dead bolt broke and locked. Dude took a crowbar to the lock and handle , totaly fubaring the metal door! As i was patching it backe togeather i asked were you locked out or in? Noticing the damage to bolth sides of the door.. Aaaaa  i was was on bolth sides he says. Shits man next time pop out the hing pins hahaha!

This reminded me of a repair i did on a door.. Some how the dead bolt broke and locked. Dude took a crowbar to the lock and handle , totaly fubaring the metal door! As i was patching it backe togeather i asked were you locked out or in? Noticing the damage to bolth sides of the door.. Aaaaa  i was was on bolth sides he says. Shits man next time pop out the hing pins hahaha!

or unscrew the damn dead bolt?! People's lack of mechanical skills amaze me.

i was in this chicks car once and her car went dead no power, she starts bawling I'm like it'll be ok we'll get it fix she says I know but we're stuck in here I've got power locks. I started laughing my ass off (wrong move) and unlocked the door and got out

Edited by shepp

• 1 year later...

Ok, slightly off the lock topic but close. Watched a woman flip out in a parking lot because her key fob died and wouldn't unlock the doors. It was great when her 12 year old son took the keys from her and stuck it into the lock on the door. Alarm went off til she started the ignition. She was going off for several minutes before the kid took over. Laughed my ass off. 

Well dnp since you revived this I'll add to it 

last summer my aunt called me said she lost her key to her storage shed and needed to get the lock off I said sure i got a cordless angle grinder. I get there and it's a lock like wash posted, not wanting to F up the hasp and have my aunt get charged. I pulled out my new Makita metal saw and a pair of channel locks and cut thru the body of the lock in less than a minute 

IMG_6275.PNG

HahHa    Yep any disk lock be it abus,buffo,masterlock.......just like butter   ...  a lil hand grinder is about a 60 second deal    I usually go from the left side where the logo is...guess it doesn't make a crap    lol          I do a 90 degree cut....looks like you went down the center?          Wash

On 12/3/2015 at 1:19 PM, Malig8r said:

OK fellas, here's the deal. If you're looking for good locks then what you need are Medico or Abloy locks. I strongly recommend the Abloy, it's what I use. They aren't cheap but they are effective!!!

Holy SHIIT those things are expensive!!!  

Damn right they are. I worked at my old mans lock shop when I was young dumb teenager (compared to dumb middle-aged that I am now) back in the early to mid 80's. And yes, Medico and Abloy were the high end of locks. Also, every key is "registered" through the manufacture.

And as we all know around here......you get what you pay for.

20 hours ago, washguy said:

HahHa    Yep any disk lock be it abus,buffo,masterlock.......just like butter   ...  a lil hand grinder is about a 60 second deal    I usually go from the left side where the logo is...guess it doesn't make a crap    lol          I do a 90 degree cut....looks like you went down the center?          Wash

Yea the bolt closed counter clockwise so I figured if I could atleast get the bolt cut it would fall off. Only thing about that saw is it throws hot little shards of metal ALL OVER

1 hour ago, shepp said:

Yea the bolt closed counter clockwise so I figured if I could atleast get the bolt cut it would fall off. Only thing about that saw is it throws hot little shards of metal ALL OVER

Yep..I hold the lock with vicegrips and then go to town......  R2 yep medico is a damn good lock !    If anyone runs into an American lock that they lost the key to...just take a benzomatic lil torch and heat the main body...in about 3 mins the casing will melt like butter....and the shank falls out....lol          Wash

On 4/5/2017 at 0:18 AM, 98Z5V said:

Holy SHIIT those things are expensive!!!  

Lol, they sure are but I figured it was an investment in my security so the price was tolerable. This is the one I purchased as a set of two: Abloy Protec2 PL 362 Shrouded Hardened Steel Padlock.