• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Springfield XD(m) .45 3.8" Slide/Bbl Assembly

Robocop1051

I want an XDm .45 Full Size frame with the 3.8" barrel... 

I'm willing to buy the ANY of the full size models and trade the larger slide assembly for a smaller one. If you have the compact 3.8" model and always wanted a 4.5" bbl or a 5.25" TB, or even the 5.25" Competition model, this is your opportunity. 

I have a req into SA to see if they'll build a custom order....?? Doesn't hurt to ask.

1 hour ago, survivalshop said:

My XD is a 4" bbl. why not just get an XD instead of the  XD ( M )      & no I'm not selling it or any part of it .?

The XDM holds more ammo. Rob has shot my XD and I believe he liked it . 4" barrel on them.

51 minutes ago, MikedaddyH said:

The XDM holds more ammo. Rob has shot my XD and I believe he liked it . 4" barrel on them.

Not in .45 it doesn't.  13-rounders stock, same mag for XD and XDM.

He may, however, get the Pierce +2 floor plates to boost it up by 2 rounds.  15 + 1 is pretty solid for .45 auto.

16 hours ago, planeflyer21 said:

Not in .45 it doesn't.  13-rounders stock, same mag for XD and XDM.

He may, however, get the Pierce +2 floor plates to boost it up by 2 rounds.  15 + 1 is pretty solid for .45 auto.

How much longer would the grip section be , with two more ?  

The only real difference between the two is how the grip is textured & replaceable gip palm panels & the big thing is that you don't have to pull the Trigger to disassemble the  XD(M )

Edited by survivalshop

1 hour ago, survivalshop said:

How much longer would the grip section be , with two more ?  

The only real difference between the two is how the grip is textured & replaceable gip palm panels & the big thing is that you don't have to pull the Trigger to disassemble the  XD(M )

On my 3.8 I have the pinky grip extensions by Pierce (they didn't have the +2 when I got them).  They are just big enough that my pinky is comfortable and not slipping off the grip with each shot.

The +2s are the same length in the front but the bottom runs parallel with the edge to the back of the mag.

Both are the top selections on this page:  http://www.pistolgear.com/search.php

The grip with nothing inserted is a good palm-pinching length;  slam in a magazine and you may pinch the meaty part of your palm.  Did it once.  Good way to learn french.

2 hours ago, survivalshop said:

Now that , is a chick line  . I can hear it " Baby ,its not long , but is as round as a Tuna can ".:lmao:

Robo has been neglected lately any way , so a little attention was required .

Totally pertinent to the conversation.

If it doesn't start there, go to 4:51