• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Superlative Arms Piston system

I find this an interesting Piston system for an AR 15 , now if some of these companies would make them for 308AR's , I would try one . Might try one in the two AR 15's I have going , they are free order . I just might .

Brownells

598318.jpg
Follow on Google+0

p_100020583_2.jpg?yocs=g_&yoloc=us
  • AR-15 ADJUSTABLE PISTON SYSTEM .750" SOLID GAS BLOCK
  • AR-15 ADJUSTABLE PISTON SYSTEM .750" SOLID GAS BLOCK

The Superlative Arms patent pending “Bleed Off”, direct impingement, gas block for the AR15 platform adjusts the gas flow by bleeding the gas out of the block instead of restricting the flow like conventional adjustable blocks.  

Results:

• The pressure used in the block is reduced only to the amount required to drive the bolt carrier. The remaining gas / pressure are bled out of the block allowing the system to run much cleaner and cooler.
  • Reduction of felt recoil.
  • Patent pending adjustment detent is located outside of the block and therefore no contamination.
  • The gas adjustment screw does not restrict the gas flow; therefore there is no erosion or seizing of the screw / no loss of detent due to carbon build up.  Although it is removable, we have added a safety mechanism, which stops you from unintentionally backing the screw all the way out.
  • When using SBR’s and / or suppressors the bleed off port allows the excessive pressure to be exhausted out of the block reducing blow back.                              

DATA:

• Firearm Type:  AR15
  • Gas Length:  Pistol, Carbine, Mid-Length, and Rifle
  • Barrel Diameter:  0.750"
  • Weight:  12.8 oz., 13.1 oz, 13.4 oz, and 13.8 oz
  • Piston Block Attachment Type:  Clamp On, Socket Head Cap Screws
  • Piston Block Material and Finish:  416 SS, Melonite
  • Carrier:  Ion Bonded, 1 pc. Carrier w/ Skis and Dimpled Key
  • Gas Adjustment:  (Patent Pending) 30 Locked Positions, Front Of Block
  • Bleed Off Port:  (Patent Pending) Front Of Block

INCLUDED:

• Piston Block Assembly
  • Carrier (bolt not included).
  • (1) 3/32" X 6"  Hex Key  (tool to adjust gas screw)
  • (1) 9/64" X 6" Hex key  (tool to install/remove gas block plug)
  • (1) Bushing and insert tool
  • Installation Instructions & QR Code For Video Tutorial

SUPERLATIVE ARMS LLC - AR-15 ADJUSTABLE PISTON SYSTEM .750" SOLID GAS BLOCK

narrow your choices » 
Show Filters 
4 Item(s)

New

$248.55 $260.99

Pre-Order
Pre-Order

Finish: Melonite

Gas System Length: Pistol

New

$248.55 $260.99

Pre-Order
Pre-Order

Gas System Length: Carbine

New

$248.55 $260.99

Pre-Order
Pre-Order

Gas System Length: Mid-Length

New

$248.55 $260.99

Pre-Order
Pre-Order

Gas System Length: Rifle

evt?ci=brownells&vet=1&itm=100-020-583;1

4 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

I've used AA kits before. This one is similar. Mine's been running strong for a few years. The trick is no gas rings and getting a perfect 12 o'clock fit on the gas block. If you don't get a good TDC, the piston rod will tweak and break.

Interesting , I've never heard that , but it makes sense . I still want to try a Piston build , this one is around the same pricing as an Adam Arms , not that I have any issue with theirs , this one looks a little more appealing to me . The issue I have with any of these system is parts availability in the future , you never know when one of these companies will go under then your S.O.L . . With DI system , thats not an issue .

One note those are my prices & some or most of you will not get this price on a kit .

Edited by survivalshop

13 hours ago, survivalshop said:

One note those are my prices & some or most of you will not get this price on a kit .

I noticed that. I had to log in to get that price.

The nice thing about this new design is the simplicity of the parts. If the piston rod did break, it looks like any machinist can spin you a new one.

• 1 month later...

I have to say this is a nicely made system . Since Robocop said no Gas Rings , I tried the Bolt with the Gas rings on it & it slides in there with no resistance with the Rings on the Bolt , but this is my first AR piston system & will see how it works with pout them & with them , they are not needed , thats for sure .

I will post more in the build section , when installing this kit in the build . Everything should be here Saturday .

DSCN2708.JPG

DSCN2710.JPG

DSCN2711.JPG

DSCN2712.JPG

DSCN2713.JPG

DSCN2714.JPG

DSCN2715.JPG

• 4 years later...
On 7/7/2016 at 4:45 AM, survivalshop said:

Interesting , I've never heard that , but it makes sense . I still want to try a Piston build , this one is around the same pricing as an Adam Arms , not that I have any issue with theirs , this one looks a little more appealing to me . The issue I have with any of these system is parts availability in the future , you never know when one of these companies will go under then your S.O.L . . With DI system , thats not an issue .

Did the superlative Arms Piston System work in your 308 build?

• 9 months later...

I've got the Superlative Arms piston system in all of my AR platform rifles.I even put it in my AR-15 chambered in 7.62x39mm (123gr),(150gr).Also in a .224 Valkyrie (95gr)(89gr)(80gr)It work's flawless in all my AR-15 platforms In my 5.56x45mm I shoot (77gr),(68gr),(62gr), and (55gr) flawless shooting. It keeps my rifles cleaner and if and when I get suppressors it's easily adjustable to do so. It's adjustable for ejection timing it can be a softer or a harder kick. If you get the adjustable gas block only is the same function but a dirty gun is expected. I have a 7.62x39mm side charge rifle so I used a adjustable gas block "didn't feel like drilling and tapping the bolt carrier & voiding any warranty"

I'm hoping Superlative Arms piston system will be made in LR-308 size??? I will be shooting .308 (7.62x51mm) in (170gr) to (200gr +) depending on the distances???

On 10/30/2020 at 10:32 PM, Rsquared said:

Speaking of old. :laffs:

Where has SS been? Haven't seen him around here for a while.

I emailed him a few times. Doubt he will be back. He did respond to a PM back then. I don’t know if he still does.

5 minutes ago, Sisco said:

I emailed him a few times. Doubt he will be back. He did respond to a PM back then. I don’t know if he still does.

I was searching for some info a while back and saw him active on another forum.  I don't remember where it was or what I looked up.  I didn't sign up for the forum, so I had no communication with him.

56 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

I was searching for some info a while back and saw him active on another forum.  I don't remember where it was or what I looked up.  I didn't sign up for the forum, so I had no communication with him.

THR or Arf15 probably

Edited by Sisco

• 2 months later...

I've put this piston system in all of my AR platform rifles. Even in the AR 7.62x39 just dial in the best gas flow watch the ejecting brass look for a 3:30 to 4 o'clock brass flight and if you use a suppressor later you can adjust the gas flow accordingly. I use this system in my AR-15's (5.56x45mm) 55gr, 62gr, 68gr, and 77gr. Also my AR-7.62x39mm & .224 Valkyrie 80gr, 88gr, and 95gr...

I've got a message from Superlative Arms informing me that they will be coming out with a AR-10 version or LR-308. They said it will be announced on Instagram at the end of a year or the next physical year??? When ever that is???

This piston system is a one piece bolt system it a work of art it's beautiful and a cleaner way to shoot.

Remember to read the instructions remove the 3 gas rings!!!