• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

R2, or anyone else.....

bubbas4570

I figured I would ask the guys that know....

First AR15 build for me, and I am putting a bit of a Frankenlower together....I want to know if a set of Armalite FCG (trigger/hammer only) will work without problems in an Anderson lower receiver.  I will be using CMMG springs/pins....

I am not altogether sure of what parts are completely interchangeable yet, hence my question.

Thanks in advance!:thumbup:

1 hour ago, bubbas4570 said:

Even with it just being a lower pin and spring kit from CMMG?

Awesome. ...

Their tolerances for machining are WAY over what others accept. I swear that you could use a CMMG pistol grip bolt, and it'll somehow cause a failure to function.

Purchase and use at your own risk.

Brownells usually has all the same parts (by High Standard) to select individually.

I also buy individual components from Brownells , quantity where I can .

"Their tolerances for machining are WAY over what others accept. I swear that you could use a CMMG pistol grip bolt, and it'll somehow cause a failure to function.

Purchase and use at your own risk."

:laffs:

Edited by survivalshop

Small pins, detents and springs... even if they come in 3 packs... won't cost you more than maybe $10. Then you still buy your aftermarket trigger, selector group, and mag release and bolt catch. My lower parts generally cost me around $200 to $300 with all the aftermarket stuff I like. At least if I build it part by part (instead of using a parts kit) I don't have any left over useless parts.

Yeah, I just picked up an Anderson lower parts kit (all parts to make lower functional except tube and stock assembly)....hope those will fit/work in an Anderson lower......:laffs::laffs::laffs:

Thanks for the info on cmmg....

I am just grabbing my stuff from various local dealers, watching prices I can get most things for what the cost+shipping would be on individual parts orders.