• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

PSA releases the Gen2 PA10

PSAPA10

2 hours ago, BOFH said:

It's not mine. It's one my FFL is raffling off. That's a 'custom' cerakote paint job on a Spike's Dead Jack combo with NiB BCG, custom trigger etc. Not gonna happen to my gen2.she's gonna stay factory black.

BOFH, I think he was referring to PSA's deal with an S and W Shield 45 and an 80% Blem 308 lower.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, Sisco said:

BOFH, I think he was referring to PSA's deal with an S and W Shield 45 and an 80% Blem 308 lower.

Ah, I missed that deal as I already had ordered this AR10. I also don't know enough about the gen2 to feel secure in completing an 80% and having it work. I'm figuring buying a rady made lower and upper from PSA should give me a high % of success. what I've seen from the AR10 platform so far is that unlike the AR15 platform there are so many 'standards' to choose from and teh risk of inadvertently matching incompatible parts is high.

On the good side, the upper should be in my hands Monday and the lower reach my FFL on Tuesday. I found some Magpul M3 Sr25 20 round mags for $13.99 and ordered 6 of those ($12 shipping).

On the bad side, no handle yet on a sweet deal on ammo for this beast. Some German surplus (most likely from the 70's or 80's) for $0.49 shipped a round doesn't sound like a real deal. I'm hoping like the gen2 and the mags, an ammo deal will pop up shortly.

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to pick up the lower from my FFL today and 'married' both. Still waiting on my cantilever scope mount to arrive so I can mount that and take her to the range to do a function test and sight her in.

Currently I've mounted 45 degree BUIS and a laser (for sighting in purposes or maybe indoor range use). I also mounted a bipod, Most likely backasswards. :banana:

Just gotta find me some plinking ammo at a reasonable price. I found some reloaded once fired LC brass with 150gr bullet for $440 per 1K shipped. Any good, price and grain wise?

PAS PAR10.jpg

Edited by BOFH

26 minutes ago, BOFH said:

Just gotta find me some plinking ammo at a reasonable price. I found some reloaded once fired LC brass with 150gr bullet for $440 per 1K shipped. Any good, price and grain wise?

Depends on who reloaded them. I used to use a good bit of remanufactured ammo but had some bad experiences, no blow ups but lots of stuck cases and some real crappy accuracy.

The brand is 'Montana Ammunition Co' which I have trouble finding info on other than it being barely 2 years old. I was hoping FreedomMunitions would have a good mothers day deal but no luck. I've had their reman before with good experiences.

The same site sells 1K new GFL/Fiocchi cased 150gr for $470 shipped. Which is about as low cost I can find .308/7.62x51 anywhere that's not steel cased or 40+ year old milsurp.

15 minutes ago, BOFH said:

The brand is 'Montana Ammunition Co' which I have trouble finding info on other than it being barely 2 years old. I was hoping FreedomMunitions would have a good mothers day deal but no luck. I've had their reman before with good experiences.

Freedom was what I had issues with. I had good results for years then got a large batch with a bunch that wouldn't chamber or would stick if they did. They did refund me for the portion I didn't use but the experience soured me to them. Looks like a good price for the Fiocchi.

I know this thread is old but it came up #1 in my google search. I never owned the gen 1 gun but the gen 2 is great. All the 308 ive ran in it has had no issues. The first time shooting it I ran some 7.62x51 and it would eject the brass but not chamber the next round.  I took it out today and shot a bunch of hot hunting ammo. Didnt try the 762 today but i did shoot some weak wolf with no issues. I figure 1 more range trip with hunting ammo and it will probably loosen up enough to get the 762 running. Thats my experience so far, will update. Thanks for letting me join up.

40 minutes ago, Chaindragger said:

I know this thread is old but it came up #1 in my google search. I never owned the gen 1 gun but the gen 2 is great. All the 308 ive ran in it has had no issues. The first time shooting it I ran some 7.62x51 and it would eject the brass but not chamber the next round.  I took it out today and shot a bunch of hot hunting ammo. Didnt try the 762 today but i did shoot some weak wolf with no issues. I figure 1 more range trip with hunting ammo and it will probably loosen up enough to get the 762 running. Thats my experience so far, will update. Thanks for letting me join up.

Welcome. You might want to go over to "Introductions" and tell us a little about yourself. Glad you are enjoying your rifle. Doesn't matter what brand it is as long as you like it.

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum. I've read thru several post on this site about PSA. I have owned several PSA uppers and have ordered parts thru them. I just bought two of the GEN 2 PSA10 .308 one SS one Mennonite. I have yet to go to the range. Has anyone fired reloads out of their  .308?? Do the GEN 2 prefer the hotter loads??

Looking forward to getting them on the range and see how they shoot. 

Edited by Counts406

Hmm, for some reason I cannot edit my earlier post with the image to replace it with an updated picture as my 'Geissele' cantilever mount came in and I mounted (hopefully correct) a 3-9x40 scope.

Complete with it's own K9 security system. :-)

Zoe308.jpg

@washguy: My gun girl is around 5 years old and a rescue. She has a 2 yo and a 12 yo 'sister' and a 10 yo brother. They are all rescues. Trained in basic obedience. Their only job is to protect the homestead and they seem to do a great job instinctively...

She snuck in behind the 308 just when I was about to take the picture...

2016GSDchristmans.jpg

Edited by BOFH

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 10:41 AM, Counts406 said:

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum. I've read thru several post on this site about PSA. I have owned several PSA uppers and have ordered parts thru them. I just bought two of the GEN 2 PSA10 .308 one SS one Mennonite. I have yet to go to the range. Has anyone fired reloads out of their  .308?? Do the GEN 2 prefer the hotter loads??

Looking forward to getting them on the range and see how they shoot. 

BOFH: Nice looking rifle and GS's. Used to have one myself. Special dogs. Nice looking rifle, good luck with it and keep us up to date on how it performs.

Count; do you mean your own reloads, or remanufactured purchased ammo? Both work but you get what you pay for in remanufactured ammo. Sometimes you get burned. It is user beware. As far as reloading yourself, there is a whole section of the forum I suggest you review. Semi Autos have their own set of criteria for reliable functioning and performance. Might want to go over to introductions and introduce yourself as well. 

2 hours ago, BOFH said:

@washguy: My gun girl is around 5 years old and a rescue. She has a 2 yo and a 12 yo 'sister' and a 10 yo brother. They are all rescues. Trained in basic obedience. Their only job is to protect the homestead and they seem to do a great job instinctively...

She snuck in behind the 308 just when I was about to take the picture...

2016GSDchristmans.jpg

You've got a nice looking family there.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/15/2017 at 9:01 PM, Chaindragger said:

Ok so I've been shooting several times since posting my original post. I dont have a lot to say except that the rifle has been 100% since a good break in (several 100's of rds i dont keep count). I've shot crap wolf,  cbc, herters, hornady hp's, sp's, pt's winchester and even some federal gold medal. It eats everything now (unlike Daniel Defense.) The cbc was the ammo that it wouldnt cycle before, it eats it up now. Thats my update, thank God cuz i was pissed about the cbc, thats my main go-to for range ammo on all my 308's. Will post more updates if anything changes.

21 minutes ago, Chaindragger said:

Ok so I've been shooting several times since posting my original post. I dont have a lot to say except that the rifle has been 100% since a good break in (several 100's of rds i dont keep count). I've shot crap wolf,  cbc, herters, hornady hp's, sp's, pt's winchester and even some federal gold medal. It eats everything now (unlike Daniel Defense.) The cbc was the ammo that it wouldnt cycle before, it eats it up now. Thats my update, thank God cuz i was pissed about the cbc, thats my main go-to for range ammo on all my 308's. Will post more updates if anything changes.

Glad you got it all worked out.  Thanks for the update.

On June 10, 2017 at 10:10 AM, Chaindragger said:

Glad it worked out. You hate to hear someone is disappointed with their new rifle. It sounds like PSA is getting their act together on the 308's. Probably a tougher challenge then they anticipated when they started.:thumbup:

• 4 months later...

For what it’s worth, the PA-10 Gen 2 upper IS COMPATIBLE with 80% Arms AR308 upper if you shave/grind 1/16-1/8” off the top of the back end of the lower where the buffer tube screws in place (literally a 15 second fix that requires no skill or metalworking experience). I did this on one of my builds after going on a limb and buying the 20” PA-10 Gen 2 upper to save some cash. I have no complaints so far with accuracy of reliability.