• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

PSA releases the Gen2 PA10

PSAPA10

Palmetto State Armory finally releases their Gen2 PA10 uppers and lowers on Black Friday... and nobody here seem to notice. According to PSA they are functionally compatible with Gen1, but cosmetically dissimilar/mismatched. PSA also mentioned that Gen1 upper and lowers will be kept in production and reintroduced soon. Meanwhile, my Gen1 18-inch stainless midlength (which was purchased as a complete rifle with rear sight for $799 last year) continues to hum along *without a single failure thus far.*

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, edgecrusher said:

Nope. Nobody cares because they were nothing but problems. Also not compatible with any other brand...

:laffs:

2 hours ago, PSAPA10 said:

Palmetto State Armory finally releases their Gen2 PA10 uppers and lowers on Black Friday... and nobody here seem to notice. According to PSA they are functionally compatible with Gen1, but cosmetically dissimilar/mismatched. PSA also mentioned that Gen1 upper and lowers will be kept in production and reintroduced soon. Meanwhile, my Gen1 18-inch stainless midlength (which was purchased as a complete rifle with rear sight for $799 last year) continues to hum along *without a single failure thus far.*

Good to hear yours is OK 

21 hours ago, PSAPA10 said:

Better go buy some lotto tickets while your luck is hot ! No problems so far , that's like finding a Unicorn getting busy with a Pegasus and having a camera that works. Because your friends won't believe you ,now you can prove it with a photo.

9 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

Easy ... Tolerance stacking !  

Sometimes getting a great deal on an item isn't worth the hassles and time wasted to make it worth your while. 

On 11/28/2016 at 11:38 PM, Matt.Cross said:

Approximate round count?

About 500 rounds M80 (at least 4 varieties), t762tnb1, Fusion, and even Superformance, Not a single failure of any kind, unless you consider marred up rims due to the high tension extractor to be a failure. Again, I purchased the complete rifle (504355) in December 2014 for $799 pictured below (18inch 416R mid).

504355.jpg

9 hours ago, PSAPA10 said:

Yeah, nothing but problems for the $$$ bottom line of other .308AR manufacturers.

It's odd that a community with lots of ties into the 308 AR industry is just now hearing of this new threat...

Seriously, no one here hates your reliable rifle, or the company that made it. We were all watching when PSA came into the 308AR market, and their flagship product wasn't stellar. They'll have to get a lot of attention for stellar products before they'll be any threat to anyone besides CMMG.

1 minute ago, Robocop1051 said:

Why call it a Gen 2??? Ugh!! I was going to be impressed if they actually made a true Gii compatible rifle. Oh well. Add further to the confusion of the 308AR. 

Because the Gen1 was a Errrr ,,, problem child with not all of the bugs worked out !

Well they do post on their Sight that they are not compatible with other manufacturers components, so they make a proprietary Receiver , to be used with only their components . You would think if they came out with a Gen 2 , it would work with components not of their manufacturer ? 

All these manufacturers that have Gen 2 in the past , there was not a DPMS Gen II rifle at the time , I agree , they could have come up with a better or less confusing nomenclature .The 308AR Market is full of confusing advertising already with the AR10 being used for any 308AR component compatibility . True most will fit , but some don't , we have discussed this in the past .  

Proprietary systems do not do well in this market , unless you have a big well known name , that has a proven product .

Just registered to this forum and this is my first post. Already have 3 AR15s of different calibers. Always wanted to add a 308 to my collection. So when I received the email from PSA advertising their Gen2 the other day I dived in purchasing both the complete lower and the higher end upper. Then today l found this forum and this thread. Other than the sick feeling that I now have in my stomach, I hope that there is a chance that I will be satisfied with results. :/ 

3 minutes ago, Thevolkp said:

Just registered to this forum and this is my first post. Already have 3 AR15s of different calibers. Always wanted to add a 308 to my collection. So when I received the email from PSA advertising their Gen2 the other day I dived in purchasing both the complete lower and the higher end upper. Then today l found this forum and this thread. Other than the sick feeling that I now have in my stomach, I hope that there is a chance that I will be satisfied with results. :/ 

Welcome to the forum, the good news is you bought the matching upper and lower.   Hopfully everything goes smoothly and we can help you if you face any problems. 

feel free to post in the intro section and tell us alittle bit about yourself 

3 hours ago, Thevolkp said:

Ditto on this post except went a bit cheaper with the 18" S.S. I'm not sick after reading comments on the site, after all there are always better ways to do anything its called progress. After all 2K for a semi auto is like buying a Infinity when the Nissan is the same thing. Picking up my lower today upper was on the doorstep yesterday. I entered a review but its not posted yet wonder if it ever will be.

Account said still processing order but here it is on the door step. Upon opening the box all looks super 308 WIN 1-10 PALMETTO on the barrel. No nicks burrs or dings I could find, breech & barrel was so clean the patch only showed the oil i put on it. I guess the FFL isn't going to do as he promised here so can't say how lower fits together. But I was expecting the BCG to be chrome lined it isn't. The bolt extractor pin seems to be too long so I had to center and remove just a scosche off one end or it would scratch the bore of the BCG. Full length rail that has T marks on the receiver only would need some straightening if you used Irons cause at the end of the receiver there is a seam of course and its canted to the left a mm I'd say. No biggie I'm mounting a cantilever mount to perch a scope.

Edited by Robocop1051
Link killed

To the two new guys , welcome. 

PSA may have corrected it tollarance issues with there gen2 receivers !?!?! Good news if you bought both upper and lower from PSA. Make sure all of the parts are PSA parts. PSA doesn't play well with any other manufacturer's parts.