• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

PSA releases the Gen2 PA10

PSAPA10

I did a lot of reading about this. Very long story short. It's worth checking your chamber. Mine was well within tolerances for 308.  I've now shot about 50 rounds 308 through it. The 1:12 twist barrel stabilized 175 and 180 grain bullets out to 100 yards.  The 175 SMK Federal Gold Metal Match ammo left touching holes at 100 yards. Better than I expected. 

Also the 1:12 is better for LIGHTER bullets. So the 147-149 and lighter are good to go.  175/180 is about the border for 1:12 and heavier should probably be using 1:10

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 1/30/2017 at 11:54 AM, edgecrusher said:

Actually the gen 1 wasn't compatible which after many issues customer service admitted that to be the case. Our advice is always by same brand receivers 

I'm new here see a lot of bashing of PSA, this is my unit, DPMS upper reciever and my only issue were initially with using 762 ammo feeding, cycling etc. I ready to dump it and move on, then I used 308 and had no issues and now after about a hundred rounds of that it does 762 now just fine. Break in I guess. All the ammo is Win or Fed, with that in mind I'm thinking of a gen2 unit for my extra 18" Upper. 

IMG_3500.PNG

3 hours ago, Boozhoo said:

I'm new here see a lot of bashing of PSA, this is my unit, DPMS upper reciever and my only issue were initially with using 762 ammo feeding, cycling etc. I ready to dump it and move on, then I used 308 and had no issues and now after about a hundred rounds of that it does 762 now just fine. Break in I guess. All the ammo is Win or Fed, with that in mind I'm thinking of a gen2 unit for my extra 18" Upper. 

IMG_3500.PNG

Not bashing, we've just seen a lot of problems come thru here

ps welcome to the forum feel free to tell us about yourself In the intro section

Edited by shepp

PSA Rocks IMO, but have had a few tiffs with them on other than actual gun stuff. I've noticed their listing are lacking in pertinent info. Like 308 in the Header item description when further into the features its different, case in point 308 but 7.62X51 chamber.  Then its not a 308 is it! I get some not knowing but wanto help employee that asks someone in shouting distance then reply's all PA10 are 308 chambered! The ammo isn't the same or am I wrong here? have they figured out how to use both like a wylde barrel 223 or 556. My first PA10 S.S barreled upper says 308 this CHF more expensive says 762 NATO I hear. I don't like that PSA it seems to be misleading. I don't have or intend to buy any NATO ammo.

• 1 month later...

Have a $219 blem lower from PSA. Then a 18" melonite upper from PSA $549. Doing the math that is $770 pretty much. Have some Magpul flip ups front and back. 200 yards I can put 18 of 20 rounds from a box in the 9 ring on a 200 yard standard military target. Pretty good for a guy wearing glasses to put the sights in focus and using surplus Hirtenberger 7.62x51 ammo. 1500 rounds with no failures. I was looking to buy a AR-10 for few months to go along with my M-1a. Was at the range few months ago and the guy next to me pulled out his brand spanking new Daniels Defense DD5. He loaded up and aimed down range. "Click" rack, "click" rack "click" after a few minutes of muttering he packed up his $3000 AR-10 and left. That did it for me, I was going cheap. If I wanted a $3000 or $5000 AR-10 that is what I would buy. 

I went cheap and I am not disappointed. I did put a Daniels Defense stock and a Magpul grip on the PSA. Now to the untrained eye, other shooters may believe I have a Daniels Defense DD5 rather than the scorned $770 PSA AR-10. Believe it or not, choosing between the M1a and the PSA AR-10 to shoot ain't easy. Both are funner than hell. 

1 hour ago, The Father said:

Have a $219 blem lower from PSA. Then a 18" melonite upper from PSA $549. Doing the math that is $770 pretty much. Have some Magpul flip ups front and back. 200 yards I can put 18 of 20 rounds from a box in the 9 ring on a 200 yard standard military target. Pretty good for a guy wearing glasses to put the sights in focus and using surplus Hirtenberger 7.62x51 ammo. 1500 rounds with no failures. I was looking to buy a AR-10 for few months to go along with my M-1a. Was at the range few months ago and the guy next to me pulled out his brand spanking new Daniels Defense DD5. He loaded up and aimed down range. "Click" rack, "click" rack "click" after a few minutes of muttering he packed up his $3000 AR-10 and left. That did it for me, I was going cheap. If I wanted a $3000 or $5000 AR-10 that is what I would buy. 

I went cheap and I am not disappointed. I did put a Daniels Defense stock and a Magpul grip on the PSA. Now to the untrained eye, other shooters may believe I have a Daniels Defense DD5 rather than the scorned $770 PSA AR-10. Believe it or not, choosing between the M1a and the PSA AR-10 to shoot ain't easy. Both are funner than hell. 

Welcome to the forum feel free to tell us about yourself in the intro section

glad your PA10 is shooting well for you, with out sounding snobbish armilite is the only company that makes an AR10 as it's a brand name, it just helps keeping the confusion down when people are trying to buy parts and what not. 

2 hours ago, The Father said:

IMG_5517.thumb.JPG.6fa552477122958e34b995c4f396b455.JPGHere is a PSA 308/7.62 with the scope. Will range it Sunday. Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44 $299 for the discontinued Vortex model. Scope really spots well. I guess a Nightforce Scope would really be the thing.

Your scope mounts are backwards.  And, you don't bridge the rail.  You should fix that before you go shooting for groups on Sunday.

I'm just sayin'...

Edited by 98Z5V

1 hour ago, Matt.Cross said:

You know I've bought a lot of stuff from PSA, a PA-10 isn't outside the realm of possibility.....

:hornet:

If you buy it, I'll help you diagnose all the issues with it. Have at it, my brother.  :thumbup::banana:

No matter what, we can un-fuckle the thing.   :hail:

26 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

If you buy it, I'll help you diagnose all the issues with it. Have at it, my brother.  :thumbup::banana:

No matter what, we can un-fuckle the thing.   :hail:

I'm pretty sure the gods would smile upon us and we'd end up in a padded cell together....

.... not saying that would be such a bad thing though either. :lmao:

On April 10, 2017 at 8:16 PM, The Father said:

Hmm..... I have $1299 invested in my AR10T, with a Burriss scope and (correctly mounted )PEPR mount that cost me another $180 on sale. What is this $5000 AR10 you speak of? My standard AR10 was $1499 with a $400 Nikon optic. Since when can Daniels Defense or PSA use the AR10 trademark?

Edited by Sisco